Chapter 26: Descriptions (Jagger)

" So is there something wrong with me?" I asked Master Shadow. We sat in the lab room and I was seated on the testing table across the room from where he was. He was sitting in a chair, typing away on his laptop.

" I wouldn't say wrong. You seem normal and from what I've seen you have control over your powers."

" So what's so unique about me then?" I asked with concern lacing my words.

" Well, you fell under the Jitsu and Proctor categories as you already know."

" Yes," I replied.

" But, your Proctor levels read different than any other Proctors' that I've seen."

" Which means what exactly?"

" That is what I do not know. Your levels for Jitsu seem to be within the normal range, but your Proctor levels have higher numbers in certain things than most Proctors. You also have lower numbers in some things that Proctors would be higher in."

" Is that bad?"

" Now I'm sure you have many questions, but I'm not fully sure why your numbers read that way as well. But we did find traces of something that could be potentially dangerous in your blood system."

" What?!"

" We found a serum called rubise inside of your blood system."

" What is that?"

" It's a mix of chemicals that are basically used to manipulate you. They are injected into liquefied ruby and then injected into humans by syringe."

He continued to go on and told me the story of Vesuvius Kiryan and how he had created the serum. He then went on and told me about Viktor and the Kiryan War of 1910. I found these things quite fascinating, but they left me with many questions.

" So now the Kiryan's are in hiding and their serum just randomly appeared?"

" Well I don't know if they're in hiding. Their bloodline could possibly be dead by now. No one seems to know of their whereabouts."

" So you believe that I was manipulated because I had this in my bloodstream?"

" All signs point to yes. I was told that you had the red eyes before and then once your eyes changed color, you acted kind towards the others. This switch of personality could be caused from the rubise being switched off," Master Shadow said.

" How was it switched off? "

" That, my friend, is what we do not know. That is why I have to ask you some questions," he said while opening a drawer that was attached to a desk. He pulled something out of it and walked over towards me.

" Alright Mr. Knightly, may I take a look at your eye irises?"

" Um..sure?" I said in a tone that sounded more like a question than a statement. He walked up closer to me and told me to look up while he put the mini flashlight in my eyes. When he was done, he walked back to the desk and put the mini flashlight back where it was.

" They look fine. There's no tint of red in them at all."

" Okay. Well that's a relief," I said.

He smiled. " Yes it is." He typed some information into his computer and then sat down on his chair and faced me from the opposite side of the room.