Chapter 39: Awake in a Slumber (Kratos)

"We need to talk," he said, forcefully latching onto my arm. The serious glint that sparkled in his eye made my stress level begin to rise.

Automatically, I was taken aback by his words. What else was there to possibly talk about? Noticing the expression written on my face, he let out a smile which helped me relax a little. Taking note of the sigh I had released, he chuckled.

" It's nothing bad. I just wanted to thank you for holding up the fort while I was out," he said, sincerity roaming about in his secretive, grey eyes.

" No problem. It's the least I could do for you since you've helped me out so much. There's no need to thank me "

He smiled and shook his head. " Oh, but there is. I just want you to know that I really appreciate what you've done for me."

" It's really no problem, Shadow," I said, shrugging.

I wanted to elaborate more and say that I'd be willing to help him anytime, but caught myself biting my tongue. Being quite honest with myself, it was a huge responsibility to have authority over the safety of all of the others. It was a responsibility that I honestly felt I wouldn't willingly take up again, though I tried my best not to express that outwardly.

His attention then moved from me over to KL. His head turned back toward me with a shocked expression, his jaw nearly dropping to the floor. " Shizuka hurt her too?"

I chuckled and shook my head. " No. She transferred her energy to heal your wound. Taj and Lily tried healing it multiple times, but it wouldn't work. I find it weird that KL was able to do that though since she technically isn't a Cura."

" But she's a Breaker, which means that she's much stronger than any of us. She basically has all of the powers mashed up together, so you could say that she is part Cura. From the look of it," he said glancing down at his wound, "I would say that she has the ability to do a power transfusion but I wish she wouldn't have drained so much of her energy. I'll have to teach her how to do the transfusion in a way that she won't pass out."

" You can do that too?"

A smirk danced on his face. " I'm a Master. Why wouldn't I be able to?"

Shrugging towards him, my and attention averted to KL. She was so beautiful as she was cast in this oblivion of slumber. Seeing her like this made my heart sink a little.

" Shadow, have you ever been in love?" I asked on impulse. Instantaneously regretting the subject that I had brought up, he flashed me a devious looking smile. Obviously, he had caught onto what I was trying to say.

He pretended to play it off. " Why do you bring up the subject?"

" I was just wondering. I've known you my whole life and I've never seen you take an interest in someone."

" Are you referring to my love life or yours?" He asked, raising his eyebrow and forcing back a laugh. It was nice to see him in this joking manner versus his usual serious one, however I hated to be the brunt of the joke.

"This has nothing to do with my life. I'm just curious is all."

He chuckled. " All of this because you have a crush on her?" He said, motioning his head towards KL. Instantaneously, blood rushed to my cheeks.

"Wha-hey this isn't about me!"

He couldn't help but let out the laughter he was trying so hard to hold in. " You're so obvious, it's pathetic."

" I am not!"

He smiled. " You may not do it with the words you say or with your actions, but I can see it in the way you look at her."