1

Areum's POV

"Just get out of here" he screamed and pushed me out of the house slamming the door on my face.

"Where am I supposed to go?" I shouted with tears starting to form in the corner of my eyes.

I tried opening the door but it was in vain. He had already locked me outside of my house. 

This has been happening a lot since dad lost his job. He started drinking and mistreating me. To be honest he never really treated me as his daughter but at least he wasn't this cruel.

It's been 17 years since mom died while giving birth to me. I never got the chance to meet her but grandma has told me everything about her.

I guess I'll go at granny's place tonight too...

"Sweetie why are you here this late?" she said with a worried expression.

I hugged her tightly without saying a word and the tears I had been trying to hold back made their way down my cheeks.

"It's so hard granny" I said between my sobs.

"Oh come in" she said after grasping the situation.

She sat on the bed and opened her arms for me. Without thinking twice I wrapped my arms around her and she caressed my hair.

She is my shelter. I grew up without my mother but grandma was always by my side making sure that I didn't feel her absence. I always come to her and she manages to make me feel better every time.

"Areum-ah, is it your father again?" she asked after I had calmed down.

I nodded and felt like crying again but I didn't. It was more than enough for one night.

"I guess he'll always think that it was my fault mom left." I said and looked at her eyes.

They are only filled with love towards me. The expression she shows me is the one I want my dad to have when he looks at me. But I guess he doesn't feel that way.

"Maybe he is right... If it hadn't been for me, mom would still be here." I said and grandma's face turned serious.

"Never say that again, it's not anybody's fault. Your mother was an angel that god wanted to have close to him." she smiled. "But she's still here" she said pointing at the left side of my chest and then at hers. "She'll be in our hearts forever."

She did it again. She made me smile.

"As for your dad, he is confused. I hope that someday he'll clear things out in his head. It has already been 17 years yet he keeps living in the past." she sighed.

I was about to talk when the door opened.

"Grandma I'm back" I heard an unfamiliar voice say and a boy with minty green hair made his way in the room.

I automatically stood in front of grandma in a defensive position ready to protect her from the stranger who entered the house.

But hold up, he just said he's back.

"Who is he granny?" I asked confused.

"Oh Yoongi, you're home. Come here" she said and he came closer following her will. "This is Areum, my granddaughter." she introduced me and I bowed to the boy.

He seems to be near my age but looks like a thug. So how does granny know him?

"It's nice to meet you." I said and he looked at me expressionless.

"Yoongi." he just said.

"That's not polite, young man. You have to introduce yourself the right way when meeting someone for the first time." grandma lectured him with her hands resting on her waist.

I chuckled at the scene taking place in front of me until he glared at me.

"I'm Min Yoongi. Just call me Suga. Nice to meet you..." he paused for a moment "puffy-face" he said with a smirk.

"Yah! Why call me that. I have a name! Areum, it's Areum!" I said starting to get upset.

"Yeah right, puffy-face" he said and bowed to granny before leaving from the room.

Just who is he?

A/N

New story!! I hope this will come out as well as I've planned it in my head. Many updates will follow soon since I'm having a break from university for a week!

Leave your thoughts about this story in the comments ^_^