20

Hoseok's POV

'Maybe I should just ask Areum and stop assuming things' I thought and got up from my bed.

After putting on my jacket and tying my shoelaces, I got out of the house searching for my bike.

It took me about 20 minutes to arrive at her place. I got off the bike and turned to walk to the door of their front yard but my body refused to move an inch.

Two familiar figures were standing at the doorstep, Yoongi hyung and Areum.

He had his arms wrapped around her waist and her eyes were closed as her head was resting on his shoulder.

'It could be a friendly goodbye hug' I lied to myself trying to ignore the pain in my chest.

I hid myself behind a tree waiting for hyung to go but I soon regretted it.

Areum stood on her tiptoes attempting to reach for him and kissed him. She kissed him and they both smiled with their faces turning a deep shade of red.

"It was true then" I mumbled and took a few steps backwards before turning my head the other way.

'It's okay. It's not that I liked her that much, right? It hasn't been long since we became friends either' I thought but my brain couldn't control my feelings and tears stained my cheeks seconds later.

I rode my bike without having a destination in my mind. I needed to be alone, to find a way to prevent my heart from breaking into pieces.

After a few minutes I stopped to a green slope by the river. The sun was still up in the sky but luckily there weren't people around so I decided to stay there for a while. Not caring about my clothes getting dirty I lay down with my back on the grass.

I let out a deep sigh bringing her image in my mind.

"You were right, noona. I had to tell her sooner" I whispered. "But I won't let this feeling get me down now that I'm back being myself"

It hurts, I can't deny that. But maybe that means that we were not meant to be since the beginning.

I saw the way they looked at each other and getting in between them, ruining what they have is not what I'm planning to do at all.

I'll always love Areum cause she helped me when I was still lost. Hadn't it been for her, the boys and I would still be separated. She managed to find a way to cure me, you could say. But honestly I never figured out how she did it exactly. Her presence was enough to make me forget the pain and her smile made me smile again too. I didn't expect that she would be the one to make my heart ache.

Could it be that... my love for her was not the kind of love one has for the person he wants to spend the rest of his life with? Now that I think about it, I actually can't deny it with certainty.

I tried to look at the sky but my vision was all blurry from the tears and the bright rays of the sun made it even more difficult. So I decided to close my eyes.

-flashback-

"Hopi is like the sun. He gives life to all of us and lifts up our mood whenever we're down. Even if he's too bright sometimes we should never lose him" I could hear Jin hyung talking with Taehyung. "You know you need him too, so go and apologize. He has probably already forgiven you" he said and I took the chance to step inside.

"Oh Hoseok hyung... I'm sorry for earlier. I know I shouldn't have started singing and dancing over your head while you were still sleeping. I promise I won't do it again" he said and looked at me ready to start crying.

"Yah! What is this? Did you think I was mad?" I asked in surprise. "How can I be mad at my cute dongsaeng?" I said and ruffled his hair.

"Really hyung?" he asked with a relieved expression.

"Yup! After all..." I paused and looked at Jin hyung with a smirk. "I'm like the sun. I bring light in your lives and you can't make it without me" I said in a cute voice and tried to offer them my kisses and hugs but they both ran out of the room. "Where are you going? Come see the light" I half threatened and started chasing after them.

-end of flashback-

I smiled after remembering that day.

"That's right! I am everyone's hope so let's forget about that feeling Hoseok" I talked to myself but was interrupted when I felt something wet touching my cheek.

I instantly moved away and opened my eyes to see a beautiful yet really dirty dog next to me with its mouth hung open breathing in a fast pace. Before I could react, it jumped on me and started licking my face.

Chuckles escaped my mouth as I accepted the dog's invitation to play. After we both had enough, it sat down beside me.

"Are you lost? Where's your owner?" I asked and the dog barked in response.

I noticed the collar around its neck and looked at it to check for any information.

"Hope" I read. "That's your name, right?" I said and she barked once more. "I can't see anything else written he- Oh wait! This collar was bought from the local vet" I concluded after remembering that my sister's dog had the exact same collar.

I stood up and took a few steps forward. When I noticed she wasn't following me I turned to look at her and saw she had her head hung low.

"Aren't you coming?" I asked and she immediately run to where I was in excitement. "For now, let's go home and get you cleaned up. Tomorrow we'll go find your owner cause I'm sure they must be looking for you" I said and it felt as if she completely understood me.

A/N

Shout out to the lovely KissTheHungryNarwhal who gave me this idea <3

She's one of my favourite authors here and I think she's so underrated, her work deserves sooo much more. Go check her books out!

Waiting for the part 2 of Blind Princess >_<