21

Areum's POV

I had just stepped out of the school grounds when someone grabbed my hand from behind and started walking by my side.

"Let's go home together" Suga said with his gummy smile and intertwined his fingers into mine. "It's not safe to wander around in your school uniform all alone"

"Daebak! You saying those things makes you seem so mature" I said teasing him.

"Yah, I'm actually older than you, puffy-face" he said trying to defend himself.

"Are you?" I asked him in a playful manner and stopped in my tracks.

"Yes, but you act as if we're the same age! Always saying 'yah' instead of treating me with respect" he clicked his tongue.

"Then..." I paused making sure his attention was on me. "Do I have to call you oppa?" I asked and his eyes widened for a couple of seconds before he averted his gaze from mine.

"Hey no need for that. Forget it, don't call me that. Who asked you? What oppa?" he talked too fast and his grip on my hand tightened, a sign that he was more than embarrassed.

"Why not? Oppaaa~! It sounds pretty good" I said and chuckled after realizing that he was already blushing. "Oppa, oppa" I kept calling him that wanting to see his expressions when he becomes shy. "Oppa, op-" my mouth was sealed when he suddenly crashed his lips onto mine taking me by surprise.

He pulled away and stared in my eyes. My heart started beating in an irregular pace again when I tried to stare back at him.

"Just call me Yoongi" he said and gave me another quick kiss. "Okay, Areum?" he asked and I simply nodded finding it hard to even say a word.

How did he manage to turn this situation against me? Now I was the one with cheeks turned into deep red.

Hoseok's POV

"Easy girl" I said trying to calm her down.

She was barking and wiggling her tail in excitement as we got closer to the vet's.

"You must know this place" I said and she stared at me with her big eyes as if asking me to hurry and open the door.

As soon as I pushed the wooden door she ran inside making me chase after her.

"Hope! Wait!" I started running but stopped when I reached the corner of the corridor.

"Hope?" the girl standing a few steps in front of me said.

She looked beautiful, I can't deny that. She was around Jimin's height and had straight brown hair that reached her shoulders. I couldn't help but stare at her for a while.

Hope was standing on her two feet and the girl leaned down wrapping her arms around her. Hope's tail was moving extremely fast and the girl chuckled when she started licking her cheeks.

"I missed you too" she said and closed her eyes while hugging her tightly. "I was afraid that I'd never find you"

She stroked Hope's fur and put her leash on before standing up.

She started walking towards me and I straightened my body before lifting up my hand ready to wave at her.

"But how did you get here on your own?" she asked passing by me.

But I'm quite sure she saw me. Her eyes were on me and I smiled at her. Could it be that she thought I was some kind of a weird person?

'Oh I have to clear up this misunderstanding!' I thought and headed to the exit hoping that she wasn't gone yet.

Luckily, she was still outside of the building and I managed to catch up with her. I was about to greet her when Hope turned to me and started barking happily.

"What is it, girl?" her owner asked as she got down to Hope's level. "Is someone there?" she said helping me realize the situation.

Trying to make sure that I was not wrong, I lowered my body too facing the girl. That's when I noticed that her eyes were different. She was looking at me but she couldn't see me.

"Come on Hope, let's go home" she said and started walking away.

I wanted to say something but I thought I might scare her if I suddenly started talking. However, after she was gone and I couldn't spot her among the crowd anymore, I had already regretted losing the chance to introduce myself. When I realized that I hadn't been thinking about Areum at all since I found Hope I regretted not talking to the girl even more.

Maybe that was my chance to find a new friend yet I threw it away just like that.

I sighed deeply and followed the route back home with my head hung low.