16

Areum's POV

Later that day the police came and arrested those men after we explained the situation. The next morning Taehyung's mom was left free since he confessed that he was the one who stabbed that man. Fortunately he wasn't taken by the police because it was considered an act of self defense. He still had to be put on trial in order to prove his innocence but that would take some time.

"So what are you planning to do now?" Hoseok asked him.

"Not sure" Taehyung answered and his lips formed into a rectangle smile. "But I know I'm not alone in this" he said.

"You shouldn't stay here" Namjoon said. "It's not completely safe"

"I know. I'm still figuring out what's best to do next for mom and Hana" he said.

"Why don't you come with us? This way we'll be able to meet even on a daily basis" Suga suggested and everyone agreed.

"Who would have imagined that we've all been living near Seoul all this time except for Taehyung yet we haven't met? Not even once" Kookie commented.

"I want to come. But first I have to talk about this with mom and Hana" Taehyung said.

"Speaking of Hana, has anyone seen her?" I asked and they looked around realizing that she wasn't with us.

"Jimin is not here either" Jungkook pointed out.

"They must be together then" Hoseok concluded.

"I'm going to find them" Taehyung said but Namjoon stopped him.

"Give them some time. They have to clear things out" Namjoon told him and he reluctantly agreed.

Hana's POV

"Hana?" he kept trying to catch my attention. "Will you please look at me?" he said and held my arm.

I remained silent with my back turned to Jimin. I wouldn't say that I'm mad at him, not anymore. When I found out he had left without saying goodbye two years ago I was really angry but as the time passed, I started to miss him. His eye smile, his chubby cheeks, his contagious laughter.

But I was too stubborn to accept him back so easily and act as if nothing had happened.

"I... I'm sorry" he whispered. "I wasn't thinking straight back then. I had a really hard time after hyung's death..." he paused before continuing. "I wanted to say goodbye but seeing you would just make it more difficult for me to leave"

"And what about me? Did you think about how I felt when I was told that you were gone too? Everyone started leaving, Namjoon, Hoseok, Kookie. I thought at least you would stay" I exploded.

I didn't hold back my tears anymore. I started crying uncontrollably.

I felt a pair of strong arms wrap around me making me feel even more fragile.

"It was so hard. I had to stay strong all this time for Tae who had lost himself and mom who kept working without rest after dad's death" I said trying to get it all out of my chest. "I needed someone to rely on too"

Jimin didn't speak. He gently turned me to face him only to hold me closer sharing his warmth with me. I buried my face in his chest

I cried for the first time in the last two years.

"I missed you" he whispered after placing both of his hands on my cheeks.

"I missed you, too, Chimchim" I said and giggled as I saw his eyes widening after hearing that I called him by his old nickname.

"Nobody calls me that anymore" he pouted revealing his cute chubby cheeks.

"But... I've always called you Chimchim" I sulked and looked at the ground. "Can't I be the only one to use it? Only when we're alone?" I asked him with puppy eyes.

"Ugh you know I can't refuse when you look at me like that" he said and placed a strand of my hair behind my ear.

"Chimchim?" I showed him my best smile. "I'm so happy you're back" I said and a chuckle escaped his mouth while he looked away in embarrassment. "Chimchim?" I said waiting for him to turn his head my way.

"Wha- what was that for?" he asked surprised with his hand on his left cheek where I had just placed a quick peck.

"Nothing. I'm just marking what is mine" I said and my cheeks started burning when I saw his face automatically turning a deep red color.

I was about to start running back inside when he pulled me in his embrace. It all happened so fast that I thought I was just imagining things.

"This was my way of marking you as mine" he said after his plump lips touched mine.

We stayed frozen like that for a couple of minutes enjoying each others warmth before Jimin cleared his throat and spoke.

"We should get back, the others might be looking for us" he said and started walking home after holding my hand tightly.