19

Areum's POV

'Should I have denied it? I'm obviously not his girlfriend and he has someone he likes already. Oh my god this is so wrong. Why am I even acting like this? Hoseok is the one I like right? So what is this feeling I keep having whenever I'm around that annoying green haired guy?' I thought on my way back home after school and ruffled my hair in frustration.

"Ugh I don't know" I murmured as I opened the door entering the house. "I'm back" I said.

I always make sure to say these words whenever I get back hoping that one day dad will appear and welcome me home with a hug. It has never happened until now but I'll never lose hope.

After I entered the living room something seemed different. The smell of alcohol that usually fills the air was absent and the room was so clean that I thought I was in the wrong house for a moment.

"Dad?" I said after seeing him wearing an apron standing in front of the sink.

"Oh you're back" he said still being distant. "There's soup in the fridge. Heat it up and have some if you want" he told me and wiped his hands with a towel. "I... I'm leaving now. I got a new job" he said and took off his apron before walking out of the kitchen.

I couldn't believe what just happened. That was the longest he has talked to me in... forever.

I rushed to open the fridge and took the pot out. I quickly put some soup in a bowl and sat on the table.

After tasting it I automatically smiled.

"This is terrible" I said and chuckled wiping off a tear that had rolled down my cheek.

I ate the whole bowl though and I enjoyed it with my whole heart. It was the first meal my dad had prepared for me and even though it might have just been the left overs from his lunch I felt so happy. Maybe this was a sign that things can get better from now on.

Later in the afternoon I decided to go for a walk. I didn't even realize how but my legs led me out of granny's house as if they had a brain of their own and knew that I was thinking about him.

It's crazy, I know, but the first person I wanted to talk to about today was Suga.

I eagerly knocked on the door getting more impatient to see him.

"Hello, sweetheart" granny welcomed me with a gentle hug.

"Hi, I've missed you so much. It's been a week since I last saw you" I said and followed her inside after we broke the hug.

I kept looking around for Suga but he was nowhere to be found.

"He's not here" she said with her sweet smile after noticing my disappointed expression. "He's still at work"

"Oh right. I almost forgot about it" I said and decided to talk to her about dad until Suga would return.

I started to get a little bored waiting for him and noticed that his bedroom door was left open. Unable to resist I went to his room and sat on the bed observing my surroundings. There were photographs on the wall that looked as if he was the one who took them. His laptop was on top of the desk with his headphones next to it. Looking at it, I remembered about the music he had let me listen to the other day.

I waited for quite a lot of time but I was tired and ended up falling asleep on his bed.

When I opened my eyes it was already dark outside and I quickly tried to get up but stopped when I realized that someone was holding my hand.