8

Areum's POV

"And we have so much fun when we're together. For example, the other day I fell asleep during math class and he tried to cover for me when the teacher started approaching my desk. So he threw a paper plane which was supposed to land on me but unfortunately hit Mrs Kim on the head. In the end we both got detention." I explained to grandma while laughing as I remembered the incident.

We were sitting at the kitchen table and I couldn't stop talking to her about Hoseok. She just listened in silence, smiling from time to time.

"I thought he'd be angry at me for ruining his reputation as a model student but he seemed to enjoy it so much. We were the only ones left after school ended and he suggested sneaking out. But due to our lack of luck, we were caught by the gym teacher who made us clean the basketball court." I continued.

"So he's a nice boy?" grandma asked after listening to my story. "And you turned him into a troublemaker just like yourself" she said in a playful tone before messing my hair. 

"He is a great guy and... and I feel like I'm starting to like him" I said and blushed thinking about his smile.

"Aigoo what am I going to do with this child." granny sighed.

That moment Suga entered the kitchen and headed to the sink.

"So, puffy-face, you have someone you like?" he asked while filling up a glass of water.

"O-oh... You heard that?" I said feeling embarrassed and bit my bottom lip.

It might have been my imagination but he looked a little annoyed.

"Who cares. He probably doesn't like you" he said and spilled the water in the sink without even taking one sip.

"Yah! Hoseok likes spending time with me. He does!" I said and his expression changed."Wha- what is it?" I asked confused.

He stayed frozen in his place for a few seconds.

"It's... nothing. I just knew somebody with that name." he said and ruffled his hair. "Well it can't be the same person. The Hoseok I know is not a top student." he said with a sad smile.

There he goes again. The one moment he makes me want to punch him in the stomach and the other he makes me feel like giving him a hug to help him get rid of his painful memories.

He headed to his room with his head hanging low and grandma motioned me to follow him.

"Hey..." I stood by the open door of his room. "What are you doing?" I asked and hesitantly walked closer to him.

I took a chair and placed it by his side in front of the desk. I watched carefully at the laptop screen trying to figure out what he was doing.

"What kind of game is this?" I asked tilting my head to the side. "It doesn't look easy"

To my surprise, I heard him chuckle at my question and he turned to face me. I have to admit that he has one of the cutest smiles I have ever seen. My heart beat a little faster when I realized I had been staring at his gummy smile for a while.

"It's not a game pabo" he said. "I'm composing something. Listen" he said and took off his headphones to place them on my ears.

After he clicked the play button, a crazy beat reached my eardrums.

"WOW! THIS IS REALLY COOL!" I said a little too loud since I wasn't able to listen to my own voice because of the high volume.

He murmured something that I didn't manage to make out and smiled again.

"I didn't know you were so good at this kind of stuff." I said and his cheeks turned a little red at my compliment.

"I'm not that good. I just like doing it for fun." he said.

"Can I listen to more?" I asked and pursed my lips trying to act cute. "Please?"

"Hey puffy-face! That dosn't work on me" he said and pinched my cheeks. "But I'll let you listen to some more of the pieces I've written."

"Yay!" I exclaimed earning another chuckle from Suga.

I loved his work. Every piece was so unique.

"How about that one? Rise of Bangtan" I read the title of a folder.

"Oh... this one?" he asked. "It's..." he paused.

"Yes?" I started to feel a bit impatient.

"It's the first song I made wi-" he was interrupted by the ringtone of my phone.

"I'm sorry. Let me answer this first" I said

I picked up my phone and ckecked the caller ID

"Hoseok!" I answered and smiled automatically.

I saw Suga rolling his eyes but I just shrugged it off.

"Today afternoon? I'm sorry, I can't go. I'm spending the weekend at my grandma's" I explained.

He invited me to go for an ice cream but I had to decline.

"Uhm why don't you come here? It'll be fun!" I suggested and waited for his answer.