Valentine's day special

Jin's POV

"Hoseok? Can I drop by your place?" I asked after he answered the phone.

"Yup, you don't have to ask hyung" he said all cheerful. "But it's noona's birthday today so her friends are going to be here"

He didn't have to remind me. I already knew it was Jieun's birthday. Actually that was why I wanted to visit them.

I arrived early in the afternoon and waited at the doorstep after knocking on the door a couple of times.

"You're late! We have to prepare the cake and sandwi-" Jieun said as she opened the door but stopped mid sentence after realizing I was the one standing behind it.

"Hi" I greeted her and bit my bottom lip nervously.

She was wearing a white sweater with pink tights and her hair was in a ponytail. She looked so cute I wanted to trap her in my arms forever.

But I had to sustain myself cause we weren't in that kind of relationship. I wanted us to be though. But I had to make things clear with Hoseok first, ask his permission and stuff cause I'm serious about her.

This feeling is not just a mere crush.

"Oh I'm so sorry, I thought it was my friend" she said and her cheeks turned red. "Come in. Hoseok's uppstairs."

"Uhm... can I help?" I asked while ruffling my hair.

"Huh?" she looked at me with puzzled expression.

"I'm quite good at cooking you know. And that includes baking" I smiled and her eyes sparkled.

"You know the way to the kitchen. Let's go!" she jumped around excited. "You're a life saver"

She helped me get all the ingredients we needed on the counter and I read the recipe.

"Can you give me a hand with the apron?" she asked and turned her back to me.

I reached out to help her tie it. She looked so small compared to me. Her small figure stood in front of me and I felt so tempted to embrace her and plant small kisses on the back of her neck that was exposed since her hair was tied up. But I managed to hold back again.

We had fun while getting everything ready for her birthday party. I stayed upstairs with Hoseok the rest of the evening and we only went to the living room when it was time for her to blow out the candles.

"It's getting late. I should go" I told him after checking the time and left his room.

The music had already stopped I could only spot Jieun cleaning up the place when I got downstairs.

"I'm leaving too" I said and she run to me.

"Thanks for earlier" she said and looked straight into my eyes.

I nodded and she escorted me to the door of their front yard. When she turned to get back inside I hugged her tightly.

"Wha- What's up?" she stuttered. "Are you not feeling okay?" she asked full of concern.

"For a while... let's stay like this for a while" I said in a low voice.

"Okay" she said and hesitantly held my hand.

"I... There is something I always wanted to tell you." I paused. "But can you wait for me until I sort some things up?" I asked her

"Huh?" she said and tried to look at me but I tightened my grip.

"No, don't look at me right now. It's embarrassing" I said since I knew that my face was a red mess that moment and my heart was racing like crazy. "So, will you wait for me?"

"I will" she replied. "But what is it about?"

"That's a secret" I said and rested my chin on her head.

"Ugh, that just makes me more curious" she pouted making me chuckle.

I let her go and she looked at me. I cupped her face with both of my hands and leaned closer.

"Close your eyes" I said. "And don't move for a bit"

She listened to my request with light pink cheeks.

"You can open them now" I said and took a step back.

"What is this?" she asked as she toughed the earrings I had put on her ears.

"It's my present for you" I smiled and started walking away. "Happy birthday, princess"