11

Areum's POV

"Hoseok!" I called his name when I saw him walking in front of me.

We were both heading to school.

"Good morning" he greeted me with an eye smile.

"Are you free after school?" I asked him.

"Hmm sure" he replied and his face brightened.

Okay! It's going as planned so far.

Suga has started working at a cafeteria near grandma's place so I had this brilliant idea. I'll ask Hoseok to drink coffee with me, we'll ride the bus there after school and then they'll meet. If they don't know each other then my assumptions will just be wrong but if Hoseok really was Suga's friend then let's hope that I made the right decision by making them meet after all this time.

The time didn't pass as quickly as it usually does today since I was feeling nervous thinking about how things would turn out.

"This is our bus" I said and held his hand to pull him inside.

There were so many passengers and apparently we didn't find any empty seats so we had to stand among the others.

It was really crowded and I was pushed in the corner which made me feel a little suffocated. Hoseok noticed that I was uncomfortable and he put both of his arms around me creating some free space for me with his body.

I lifted my head only to see that our faces were inches apart and I instantly looked down again.

The bus stopped suddenly making everyone inside lose their balance.

I was trapped in the corner by Hoseok. Our bodies made contact and my head was resting on his chest in a way that I could only listen to his heartbeat.

"Phew" I took a breath of fresh air after we arrived at our stop and got off the bus. "It's not always that crowded" I told him.

"Oh..." he said but avoided to look at me.

It might have been the first time he went through this so I'm sure it had been quite unpleasant.

"Here it is! The cafe I was talking about" I said and lead the way there.

We took our seats near the window and waited for the waiter to come take our order. Hopefully it would be Suga.

It only took a couple of minutes before the green haired boy made his appearance. As I was watching him approaching our table my heart started beating faster. Hoseok had his back towards him so they still hadn't seen each other.

"Hey, puffy-face, what are you doing here? And who is h-" he didn't finish his sentence.

I looked at Suga's expression and then turned to check Hoseok's. It was exactly the same. Mouth slightly open, eyes a little wider than usual. They were both in shock.

They stayed like that for a couple of minutes and I felt as if I was watching a frozen image of a movie. But I knew that I shouldn't interfere so I just kept quiet and waited for their next actions.

"Have you decided on your order?" Suga said with his eyes stuck on his notepad.

'What's going on? Maybe I have been wrong all along' I thought feeling puzzled.

"Hyung... It's me! Hoseok" he said and stood up from his seat but Suga kept avoiding his gaze.

"I'll come later if you're not ready yet" was all he said before turning to leave.

But Hoseok didn't let him. With a quick move he stood in front of Suga blocking his way.

"You really don't remember me? I'm your hope and I'm your angel." he said in broken English earning a few stares from the other customers.

Suga attempted to get him out of his way but failed. I could see him clenching his fists.

"How could I forget? There's no way I would forget any of you!" he shouted and everyone's attention in the cafeteria was on the two of them. "You shouldn't be here" he lowered his voice.

"But hyung... What are you talking about? We had been waiting for you for weeks. We needed you to come out of your-"

"That's what I'm saying. You shouldn't have waited. I don't deserve it!" he raised his voice once again. "I'm just a coward... Why would you stay with me, wait for me, look for me." he broke down. "It was my fault. If only I had been fast enough... Then everything would have been different right now." he said as his eyes started to become watery.

Hoseok listened to him staying silent with an expression I couldn't read.

"It shouldn't have been Jin. I should have-" his sentence was cut off when Hoseok punched him hard in the face.

Hoseok's POV

"Don't you even dare to think of that again" I said holding back my tears. "Do you really believe that if it was you in hyung's place it would have been better? You really think so?" I asked and my legs couldn't support me anymore.

I knelt next to him and wiped his tears with my fingers.

"I... I thought that... I thought that I wouldn't be able to keep us together. I thought that it was my fault and so I believed you would think the same way" Yoongi hyung said.

I didn't answer. I just wrapped my arms around him and held him as tightly as I could. He was so vulnerable that moment.

"You were wrong! We needed you so much back then hyung" I said.

I never thought I'd see him like this. He was always the strongest among us. Him being an emotional wreck that moment made me understand how painful all this had been for him too.

I was about to let him go when I felt his arms tighten around me. I would keep holding him if my phone didn't ring.

I answered it without even bothering to check who was calling.

"Hyung" I heard someone's quavering voice. "I want to see you hyung" he said between his sobs.

"Taehyung?!" I exclaimed and Yoongi looked at me with wide eyes.