6

Suga's POV

"Yoongi? Is everything okay?" I heard grandma's concerned voice.

I must have woken her up because of my nightmare.

She slowly opened the door after waiting for a couple of minutes whithout getting an answer from me.

"Aww did you cry again in your sleep?" she asked and sat on the bed.

She took my hand in hers and caressed it with love.

"It's okay it was just another bad dream" she said looking at me with a reassuring smile.

How I wish it was just a dream...

I hugged her tightly and let my tears fall freely. I needed someone's warmth that moment more than anything. I didn't want to talk, just listening to her comforting words could help me feel less pain.

"Oh I have an idea! I'll call Areum and ask her to stay here for the weekend" she said and patted my back. "I'm sure she'll be able to cheer you up"

"Why not? It's fun teasing puffy-face" I shrugged.

"Yoongi!" she hit my arm slightly and I chuckled. "That's not nice" she tried to say but I saw the corners of her lips lifting up.

She stayed with me until she made sure I had stopped crying.

"Poor boy. What could it be that hurt your young heart this badly?" I heard granny say when she thought I had fallen asleep again.

I woke up with black circles under my eyes but didn't really care. I washed my face, grabbed a slice of bread and was ready to leave early in the morning.

Grandma already knew I was going job hunting today so I didn't need to wake her up and tell her. I was about to get out of the house when I saw one of those little post-it notes stuck on the door.

"Good luck today. Hwaiting!" I read and smiled feeling encouraged.

Areum's POV

"Of course I'll come granny!" I told her.

She had just invited me to spend the weekend at her place. There's nothing for me to do at home since dad is out most of the time end even when he's here he doesn't pay attention to me.

'But I always have fun at grandma's' I thought and smiled until I remembered.

"Granny?" I asked before she could hung up.

"Yes, dear?"

"Is... Is Suga going to be there too?" I stuttered.

"Hmm I don't know. Maybe" she replied and chuckled making me feel a little puzzled.

"O...okay. I'll see you later" I said and ended the call to prepare my things.

When I left dad wasn't home and I found it to be completely useless to leave him a message since he wouldn't even notice I wasn't there.

Suga's POV

"I'm sorry, we have already hired someone" the lady apologized and escorted me out of the cafeteria.

I clicked my tongue and kicked a bottle of water that was thrown on the street.

It was the fifth job offer I didn't get accepted for today.

As I was walking in the street looking for the next possible working place, I spotted a shortie trying to carry a backpack almost her size.

I chuckled at the scene in front of me and approached her carefully.

"That looks pretty heavy" I said still standing behind her.

"I know right! And I tried to pick only the most necessary things but I ended up like this again." she sulked. "Oh... Suga, it's you... Hi" she managed to say after being a little surprised to see me.

"Hey" I greeted. "Heading to granny's?" I asked.

"Yup! I'm spending the weekend there" she answered with a heartfelt smile. "So what are you up to?" she asked curious.

"I'm looking for a job" i said feeling a little annoyed after remembering all that happened the morning.

"Looking like that?" she said scanning my appearance.

"Why? Am I too handsome?" I said but regretted it right after. 'That was too cheesy Yoongi' I mentally facepalmed.

"You should wear something a little more formal" she explained.

"Like... like what?" I asked after I hesitated for a moment to think about what she said.

"Well, definitelly not these clothes" she said and giggled.

I glared at her and she suddenly went silent.

It looked like something was troubling her. Like she wanted to say something but didn't know how.

"Umm you know... I... for the other day at the hospital... I wantedtothankyou" she said avoiding to look at me.

"Huh? I couldn't make out what you said" I teased her. Of course I had heard her clearly.

"Th- Thanks" she stuttered.

"What? One more time" I said making her turn her head to face me.

"Thanks for staying with me at the hospital" she said after taking a deep breath.

"No problem, puffy-face" I said and ruffled her long hair.

"Yah! How many times do I have to tell you? My name's Areum." she said and pouted.

"Yeah, whatever" I said and took the backpack from her. "See you at home, puffy-face" I started running with her chasing me while shouting.

I felt my lips forming into a smile exposing my gums to the air as I kept running back home thinking about the expressions she showed me today. I guess... she was kind of cute.