18

Hoseok's POV

"What? You quit school?" I asked Yoongi hyung being a little too loud.

"Yeah... I stopped going after running away from home. I figured it'd be better if I just started working instead" he replied but I could tell that he didn't mean what he said just by looking at his expression.

"Hyung! You have to start again!" I insisted trying to convince him. "You can enroll in our school. This way Taehyung, you and I will be together. We might even be in the same class" I said and smiled brightly waiting for his answer.

"I'm not sure..." he said and bit his lower lip before lowering his head.

'Okay, Hobi, just a little more push and you'll make it' I thought and decided to use my old guaranteed method.

"Hyuuung, come on! It will be fun!" I tugged on his sleeve showing my super aegyo.

He put his hand over my mouth in order to make me stop and bowed to the people around us apologizing for my shake. I enjoyed it too much.

"Okay, okay, just stop it. This is where I work" he said in a loud whisper.

"Yay!" I exclaimed and instantly shut my lips after realizing that hyung was glaring at me.

I tilted my head to the side and smiled again mouthing a 'sorry' before he got behing the counter to help one of his colleagues.

It only took two days for him to be accepted at our school considering that it hadn't been that long since this year started. Unfortunately we're not in the same class but we spend our breaks together.

"Areum?" I waved my hand in front of her face since she seemed to be lost in her thoughts.

"Oh, Hoseok" she smiled at me but I knew there was something troubling her.

"Let's go to the cafeteria!" I said in a cheerful way trying to get her spirits up.

I grabbed her arm and we rushed there so that we'd arrive before the long queue would start to form. As soon as we took our lunch we headed to the table in the corner where Taehyung and Yoongi were already waiting for us.

"Hey" I greeted and sat next to Tae.

Areum hesitated for a couple of seconds before taking her seat next to Yoongi. It might have been my imagination but they looked a little awkward with each other.

"Guys, this is Minah. She's my classmate" Taehyung introduced his new friend to us.

She seemed to be a sweet person and... she looked like she was Tae's ideal type of girl. Making sure that Minah wasn't looking at my direction, I winked at Tae making him feel a little uncomfortable after realizing what I was thinking about.

"Minah, this is Hoseok hyung," he continued. "Yoongi hyung and his girlfriend Areum"

Wait! What? I looked at both of them waiting for someone to correct Tae but my eyes only met with a sight that made my heart drop. Areum was looking at her plate playing with her food nervously and her face matched hyung's in color; both slightly red.

As I listened to Minah giggling with Taehyung's stories and looked at Areum stealing glances of hyung while smiling to herself in a way that she had never smiled when she was with me, many thought filled my mind.

'It can't be true, right? They would have said something already. But what made Tae assume that? And why do they look so damn suited for each other when they sit side by side?' I kept thinking all these stuff until one question messed up my mind.

Am I already too late?