Walking

I sighed deeply, dragging my feet behind me. My worst nightmare was being alone, and with Rhett having other things to do for a little bit I was totally alone. All I have to blame is myself, I'm a little bit of a loner. I don't seek company or attention, but the moment I'm actually alone it hurts like the devil. My insomnia was getting worse too, and all I could do to keep my mind busy was walking. Walking until my feet hurt and my legs begged me to stop, even then I'd keep walking. It was all I wanted to do, all I could do. Walk around the forest late at night in my cosy hoodie, it was one of the few things that calmed me down no matter what. I stopped for a second when I heard a loud boom coming from further down the road. At first I didn't care, but it did make me curious. I never found anything interesting this old forest, and I've been here a lot. With slow, careful moves I made my way closer to where I think the boom came from. I saw pieces of rock and dirt shattered all over the place, something had just landed in the ground in front of me. With careful steps I got closer, but when I saw what had actually crashed into the ground I froze. 

In the ditch in the ground was a girl. She had long, red hair, a thin body, pale skin and freckles. Everything seemed normal until my eyes froze on her back. There was two, black, feathery wings on her back. She seemed dead, but when I leaned in more she opened her eyes. Her icy blue eyes stared at mine for a second, but then she dissipated. I saw her in the skies, trying to fly away. But I saw her dropping height, within seconds she'd crash again. I ran over to her when I saw her wings stop moving and she fell. I caught her in my arms and looked at her, she looked injured. Her eyes focused on my face, and then slowly down my arms. It was first now I noticed the blood on my fingers, and I do not like blood. My hands started shaking and I felt like I was about to pass out, but nothing happened. She looked at my face again, and with her weak, raspy voice she whispered. 

" I'm sorry. " And she then closed her eyes...