Laughing

Cassidy flew closer to Rhett, and he responded with backing away. When he did, Cassidy started laughing hysterically. Really loud, really intense and for really long. Rhett turned towards me with bloodshot, staring eyes. 

" Why aren't we running?! She's nuts Link! Nuts I say! " 

" Silly, silly Rhett. Still believing I'm a monster. " Cassidy continued laughing. 

" I ain't believing, I know! " 

It scared the crap out of me, why was Cassidy acting like this? Why was Rhett suddenly so scared of her? So angry with her? Rhett grabbed my shoulders. 

" Listen! She's crazy! Run for your life Link! Run! " 

He then took of in a marvelous speed, I've never seen him run so fast. Cassidy floated through the air, towards me. 

" You don't think I'm a monster, do you? " She smirked. 

I nervously gulped and took a small step back, I was intimidated by her. 

" N-No, of course not. " I stammered. 

" Stupid Rhett. This town isn't what it used to be. Sadly, he won't know until it's too late. Silly, silly Rhett. Come over here Link. "

Without thinking properly I took a slow step closer. And for a moment I could see the soft, kind Cassidy flash by. But just as quickly she was gone. 

" I need you to listen. Very closely... "