Hospital

Cassidy snuggled her head against my chest when I kept her in my lap as Rhett drove us to the hospital. I started slowly rocking her from side to side, trying to calm her down. She took slow, quiet breaths. Rhett looked at me, then Cassidy and then locked his eyes on the road. He seemed even more worried than I did. Cassidy was still awake and looked at me with her big, icy blue eyes. I told her every time she asked that no one would say anything about her wings.

Rhett dropped us off in front of the ER. Whilst we went in there and talked to some doctors and nurses he tried to find a parking space. I sat down in the big waiting hall, still having Cassidy snuggled up in my lap. I gently let my hand slide down her shoulder, down her arm. Over and over again, I found out it calmed her down. After a couple of minutes Rhett came into the room and sat down next to us.

" How're you two holding up? " He said.

" The doctors said they'll take us in, in like 30 minutes. "

Cassidy hadn't said a word since we got to the hospital. She'd just stayed in my lap, in my arms. People gave her weird stares, people looked at her as if she was some sort of alien. It made me angry. After sitting and waiting for yet another 30 minutes, a nurse came and talked to us. 

" There's no papers on Cassidy, or any social security number. Sadly we can't help her without it. "

" Dadgummit! The girl just had a concussion! " Rhett exclaimed. 

" Calm down sir. We can't help her. I'm sorry. But from what I can see, it doesn't look too bad. "

" I don't think you can see an inner bleeding from the outside! " 

" Has she thrown up? " 

" Yeah, that's why we got here in the first place. " I muttered, I was angry too. 

" I guess I could try going into some loopholes and try getting her checked out anywho. Give me a minute. " 

The nurse dissipated, and came back a few minutes later. 

" They said that since there is a risk of internal bleeding we're gonna take her in, but one of you'll have to sign as her supervisor. "

" Without a doubt, I'm doing it. " I said and followed the nurse.