Hug

Link looked at me when I started crying, every time I thought about my home I felt cold on the inside. It hurt so bad. Link put his arms around me and pulled me into a hug, I've never hugged anyone. His grip was tight, but I liked it. It made me feel warmer and it made me feel safe. But suddenly my wings unwrapped me and hit Link across the room. He was pushed against the wall, I couldn't see his face. In a moment of pure panic I ran away from him and locked myself in the bathroom. I let out a bloodcurdling scream of pain, not physical pain. All I could do to let it out was screaming. What ever I do I'm not crying! Crying is a sign of weakness, I can't show Link how weak I am! Even though he's still a stranger I won't cry. But no matter how many times I told myself this, tears still ran down my cheeks. I heard Link running down the hallway and knocking on the door.

" Cassidy! Please let me in. All I want is to talk. "

Without thinking I opened the door and let him in. He didn't look too badly hurt, he had a bruise on his left arm and his hair looked a little messy. Other than that he looked fine. He walked up to me, I sat in a corner and cried. He sat down next to me, leaning his head on the wall. 

" You didn't mean that did you? " He said. 

I shook my head. Why would I want to hurt Link? He was nicest person I've ever met, although I didn't understand him. But I wasn't surprised, I couldn't understand human, even though I am one. The DNA cleaning really screwed up my mind, I've been suffering from hallucinations and nightmares ever since it happened. They lead to insomnia and now I haven't slept properly in years. I was locked inside my own head, all I wanted to was escape. Link moved closer and put his arm around me, leaning my head on his shoulder. I felt my wings about to fling open and push him away again, but I did all I could to keep them still. And they did obey me this time. Instead they wrapped around us and I felt more tears burning in my eyes. Without thinking of it I cried out on Link's shoulder. He just rubbed my back and kept repeating the phrase. 

" It's okay. I'll help you, it'll be fine. "