Retract

I lifted my gaze, looking around in the room. My vision was still very blurry, and it continued to be until I realized I'd fallen asleep and my glasses were folded on the table next to me. After putting them on and letting my eyes focus for a second, I saw Rhett holding Cassidy. Quickly I walked up to them, Rhett saw me and looked at Cassidy, who had tears flowing out of her eyes. But when she saw me her tightly shut, crying eyes softened and she held her arms out open for me. Instinctively I hugged her and refused to let go, she was safe in my arms, and I wouldn't let her go.

" Link...I'm so, sorry..." She began.

" Shh, shh. You didn't nothing wrong Cassidy. It's okay, it's okay..." Rhett said, making me hold her even tighter, I felt every move she made. ¨

Cassidy curled up right next to me, and I climbed into the bed. I had an urge to protect her, just like the urge to call Rhett when I was going through something. Primitive urges, an animals urges. Rhett stood up and left the room, nodding at his hand where he was holding a buzzing phone.

" A-am I staying with you Link? " Cassidy asked.

" Yes, you are. You're safe with me and I'm not letting anyone come in the way of that. How're you feeling, your head and wings? "

" M-my wings are fine. I don't think I can fly though. But my head feels a little heavy. "

Turned on my back, resting her head on my chest. I heard her sigh, but it wasn't a sad sigh. She stayed on my chest and we started talking. I told her about mine and Rhett's dream of becoming film makers. Our in one way or another work with creative media. Rhett had musical talent, and people told me I could sing. But honestly, I'm more of a writer. She asked me about Rhett, how he was and things like that. I told her he was a tall, nice, sweet guy, sometimes overly nice. I asked her if they were allowed to have friends in that place.

" No. Everyone hide behind their wings, or just shout insults to each other. It sucks. "

I gave her a quick hug and Rhett came into the room again.

" Hey Link. I've got some crappy news. My roommate kicked me out, no warnings. He's moving out and since I basically paid him rent to live there... Yeah... "