Eyes

Cassidy soon fell asleep in my arms. How could I've been so stupid? Why did I treat just like everyone else has? I did their mistake worse. Link looked at me and smiled.

" I'm proud of you Rhett. " He said.

" You are? "

" You overcame your fears and now she's safe. How could I not be? "

" She's not safe, but I guess she's alive for the time being. "

" What are you talking about Rhett? "

" I mean look at the poor thing, we need to get out of here and find someone that can help her. She'll die if we don't do something. " I sighed. " There must be someone who can help her out of this. But we can't take her to a regular doctor. "

" Ah, you mean like that. I guess you're right. "

" There's gotta be some way outta here. "

We kept walking, Cassidy snored quietly and snuggled up against me. Link impatiently kicked a rock in front of him, and every now and then he sighed.

" What's wrong buddy? " I asked.

" It's weird to say this but, I'm homesick. "

I knew Link had never felt like home in his current situation. And the fact that he felt homesick was indeed a bit odd. But I couldn't blame him, I also wanted to get back home. And that's when I saw it. A big black spinning portal, right in front of us.

" Link, look. " I said and gently pushed his shoulder.

He slowly lifted his gaze and I saw a tiny smile growing on his lips. I corrected the way I was holding Cassidy and offered him my hand. With a gentle grip he locked fingers with me and we both stepped into the portal...