Okay

Before I start. I want to thank you so much for already bringing this book to 100 views!

He kept me in his arms, and I kept crying. He softly held my head in his hand and looked into my eyes.

" You've got beautiful eyes. " I mumbled.

Link wiped my tears with his thumb and gave me a calming smile.

" So do you Cassidy. "

He pulled me into yet another hug, and this time I responded by putting my arms around his waist. Instantly I wanted to retract. But when he kept his arms tightly around me, I stayed.

" Listen, my buddy Rhett'll get here anytime now. Him and me will help you get back on your feet. "

" No! I don't want to go back there! " I screamed, instantly regretting it.

" Shh shh, it's okay. We won't make you. All we're gonna do is help. " Link said, his voice was so calming.

I heard the doorbell ring and Link stood up. Before he left he handed me some tissues.

" And remember. It's all gonna be okay. " He said and answered the door.

I stood up and looked myself in the mirror. My eyes were red of tears. With gentle swipes I wiped them away. I turned around and saw the bandages on my back, I wanted to rip them off just to feel the pain. Just to make sure I wouldn't react but still suffer from the pain.

I heard Link talk to someone right outside the door. The other voice was also a man, but his voice was a little darker and he talked slowly and carefully. I kept looking myself in the mirror and heard phrases echoing.
'Oh come on, you can't stay. Link hates you, you freak him out.' They said. Everything became dark for a second and I heard something hit the washing machine across the room. Light came into my eyes again and I saw Link and a tall bearded man in front of my face. They worriedly looked at me and Link helped me sit up properly.

" Cassidy, this is Rhett. " He said.

The tall blonde ran his fingers through his hair and looked at my wings.

" You weren't joking. " He said and hunched down next to me. " I'm Rhett, and I'm here to help. " He said with a calm voice and put his hand on my shoulder. 

I felt dizzy and felt something pounding on my forehead, my hand slowly walked up my face until I felt a bump. 

" You hit your head on the washing machine, hopefully it didn't give you a concussion. " Link said, hunching down next to me as well. 

I felt my field of vision getting smaller and smaller and I wanted to be sick. Link looked at me with a slight panic in his eyes. 

" Cassidy? Are you gonna throw up? " He asked. 

I nodded and he helped me direct my head to the toilet bowl, where everything came up. I still felt super dizzy and sick to my stomach, throwing up actually made it worse. 

" We gotta get her to the hospital. Now. " Rhett said. 

" N-no, please. I'm fine... " I mumbled. 

" Cassidy, we both already told you this. All we're gonna do is help you. So don't worry. " 

Link held my thin body in his arms, put his shoes on and we left the apartment. 

" What are people going to say about m-my wings? " I asked. 

" Shh, don't worry. They won't say or do anything. You're safe with us..."