Hometown

I woke up, soaked in my own cold sweat, shaking. I turned, seeing Link peacefully asleep right next to me. I tried my best to stay still and calm down, but I was so cold and hyperventilating. Carefully I laid back down and closed my eyes. I stayed on my back, folding my wings to the side. Link wasn't facing me, so when I realized I couldn't fall back asleep I got out of bed. Outside I heard the wind whispering something.

" Get back home. Get back to where you belong. " It said.

I closed my eyes for a second, seeing my 'master' flash in front of me. I didn't have parents, just a random guy who took care of me. But he was nothing like Link, he hurt me, he bullied me, he abused me. I hated him with all my heart, which was also something he made fun of me for. I wasn't allowed to show my feelings, but it was impossible not to. But something called me, telling me to get back home. And of course I believed it.

I looked back at Link, he looked so tired. I didn't know who to blame, myself? Could I really do that? Both Rhett and Link had told me so many times that I shouldn't, that it wasn't my fault. Link turned around, facing me. His eyes were closed, his breathing calm and deep and his hands snuggled underneath his cheek. He looked so cute. I turned back to the window, listening closely to the whispring outside. My eyes focused on the moonlight, so much that I never noticed that Link woke up and walked up behind me. He put his hand on my shoulder and it made me jump.

" Can't sleep? " He asked, sitting down next to me.

" Did I wake you up? "

" No. I just drifted off for a while. You okay? "

" Just can't sleep. " I mumbled.

" Are you sure, you can tell me anything baby girl. "

That nickname made me happy, both Rhett and Link called me 'Baby girl'. It was cute. Should I tell Link the real reason I sat on the window sill? The real reason I woke up?