Captivety

Rhett told me the story with Link filling in a few of the details. 

" So, my understanding it that a witch appeared when you thought of a helper for me, and then she saved me? " I said confusedly.

" Exactly, you're safe now Cassidy. And this time we mean it. "

Rhett and Link talked to me, and they said they were happy I was okay, happy that I was still alive. I wasn't. I shouldn't have been allowed out of there, the portal should've saved Rhett and Link and not me. My mind tumbled around and after a few minutes I couldn't get a single word out. Link looked at me in an understanding way and smiled. He then hugged me very gently and asked if I was hungry, and I actually was. He said that he'd be back in a moment and left. Rhett still sat on the floor by the bedside and smiled at me. His fingers traced my cheek. 

" What's wrong baby girl? " 

I sighed. I didn't know what was wrong, just that something was. I didn't even know why I thought so. I was okay, Rhett was okay, Link was okay. Everything was okay, all I personally needed was recovery and I'd be fine. But there was still something in the back of my mind that told me everything would go back to "normal" again. Even that "normal" meant I'd be treated like trash again. It was like it was coded in my genes. 

" Cassidy. Please stop thinking that. You know we love you. " Rhett said. 

" Wait what? Could you hear that? " 

" Yeah. I thought you spoke. " 

" Rhett, I think you can read thoughts. " I mumbled...