Knees

" Rhett. Come here. " She said.

The tears were still running down my cheeks, and I took few steps closer. Her eyes met mine and she smiled at me. Out of nowhere I fell down on my knees and started crying out loud.

" Rhett, please. Don't cry. " She softly spoke.

I looked up at her. And the sight wasn't beautiful, every feather had fallen off her wings and layed floating in the milky water. Her skin was cracking and looked like it could fall off at any time, and her breathing was heavy and irregular.

" Rhett, please don't cry for me. I deserve this. "

I slammed my hand on the glass.

'' No! You don't! You've never deserved any of this! Cassidy, you're a beautiful person. " I cried.

" Rhett. You're so sweet, but we both know I'm a monster. "

" Cassidy. Stop it. You need to understand that you're not a monster. You're simply unlucky. " Link sighed. " I love you. Rhett loves you. "

I turned to Link and nodded in agreement.

" We both love you very much. " I said, hiccuping slightly from crying. " I know I've said and done terrible things, but trust me when I say that I love you Cassidy! "

She slowly lifted her gaze again, her smile was gone and was replaced by a more surprised or frightened expression.

" L-love? M-me? "

Both me and Link embraced the glass tube as if we were hugging Cassidy. What happened after that was definitely not what we expected...