Chapter 14: The Halloween Dance

It's seven days until the Halloween dance and Sofia is beyond excited to go, so Normani took her shopping for her dress. Lauren is just happy to see a smile on the younger girl's face after all the crap Camila has given her and she'll do anything to see that girl smile.

Camila, on the other hand, Lauren hasn't seen or heard from after what happened but that gave her time to think about her decision a lot more. Lauren doesn't want to break up with Camila but with the Princess's new attitude and behaviour. That isn't how Camila use to be, she's changed and Lauren doesn't know that person, plus Sofia don't deserve all that hate. So if Camila doesn't get her shit together then Lauren is going to have to break up with the Hogwarts Princess even though she promised to never leave Camila and wait on her but some promises were meant to be broken.

But until then Lauren just going to focus on her responsibilities at the moment such as her prefect duties. Right now she was waiting on her partner to show up to start their night patrol but she was surprised when she saw Camila walking towards her. Lauren wasn't sure on what to do so she stayed quiet.

"I'm sorry but your partner is sick and won't be coming tonight. You'll be working with me tonight and until he is better." Camila said softly but still will authority. "We'll be patrolling your section and some of mine." Lauren just nodded.

They walked throughout the halls in uncomfortable silence that Lauren have never thought would ever come between them. The tension was so thick that not even a sledgehammer could break it and that made Lauren feel awkward. As they walked through their patrol they found a few students, they gave the first time offenders a warning but the others received harsh teasing from Lauren and detention. They finished Lauren's section really quick and was now heading to Camila section when Camila decided to break the silence.

"Lauren?" Camila said and Lauren heart jumped at the sound of her girlfriend's voice that her fall in love with again but she couldn't let her guard down now.

"Yes, Camila?" Lauren answered not stopping and Camila heart ached a little when Lauren didn't call her 'Camz'.

"Were you being serious? Are you really going to break up with me?" Camila asked with a little shake in her voice and it caused Lauren to stop in her tracks then heavily sighed.

"Camz, you know I love you, right?" Lauren asked and Camila nodded. "So under all that hatred for Sofia and her parents, you find a special space in your heart to love me, right?"

"Lauren, I have known you for so long, so of course I have special space just for you. I don't know these people, they weren't there for me." Camila said as tears escape her eyes.

"Yes, very true but blood is thicker than water and they are here for you now, they want to know you. Sofi is just dying for you to just like her, so if it means I have to remove myself out of that special space for you to put them in then I will. Even if it's just Sofia because she does not deserve what you're dishing out at her." Lauren said honestly and Camila nodded while using the sleeves of her robe to wipe away her tears.

"Y-You're..." Camila stuttered out, so she took a deep breath before continuing. "You're dismissed for the rest of the night, Lauren. I'll finish up here." Camila ordered and Lauren nodded in agreement.

"Good night, Camz." Lauren said then placed a tender kiss on Camila's forehead before walking off.

"Good night, Lauren." Camila said as she watched as Lauren walked away. As Lauren disappeared around the corner Camila slid down the wall and broke down crying.

____________________________

The following day Camila entered Professor Dumbledore's office uninvited. Lucky for her the Headmaster was not busy with important matters.