Chapter 19: Back To Reality

Camila woke up with a pounding headache and she tried to sit up but there was a hand wrapped around her, keeping her close to the warm body beside her. It could only be one person that could be snuggled up to her, so she spun around with the arm still around her and Camila's brown eyes landed on Lauren's sleeping face. Camila softly removed the hair that was blocking the raven hair girl's face and the Princess stared at her girlfriend before she leaned down to press a soft kiss to Lauren's cheek. She felt the raven-haired girl's arms tighten around her and she pulled her face closer then nuzzled into the Princess's neck.

"Good morning, beautiful." Camila said wrapping Lauren into her arms. The green-eyed girl pulled back, her green eyes met Camila's brown ones and smiled.

"Good morning, Camz." Lauren said then her eyes examined Camila and she noticed the bruise on the Princess's forehead. She brought her hand up to brush over it which caused Camila to wince and hiss.

"Lauren-" Camila started but Lauren slapped her across the cheek hard. Camila held her cheek and Lauren just glared at her. "What the hell is that for?!"

"You scared the fucking shit out of me yesterday." Lauren said upset and pulled away from Camila and removed from off the bed. Lauren was angry with tears in her eyes and Camila sat up holding her head because of the ache in her head and now her cheek was hurting.

"I'm so sorry, Lauren." Camila apologized but Lauren shook her head and a tear ran down her cheek.

"Camila, I had to sit here worrying if my girlfriend was going to come back alive from fighting a psychopath that killed her family and if I was going to lose her to that mad man!" Lauren ranted pissed off while pacing up and down the room. "I found the one person that I want to spend the rest of my life with and she was gone to get herself killed!" She yelled at Camila who looked at her with apologetic eyes.

"But I didn't die, so there was no need to slap me." Camila said smirk, moving to the edge of the bed but Lauren flashed her off.

"Don't you dare smile with me right now, Karla." Lauren said and Camila sat there in shock because Lauren has never called her 'Karla'. Now Camila was pissed at Lauren for calling her Karla and everything Camila was thinking yesterday.

"You think I didn't know that I could have died out there, Lauren? Because I didn't." Camila said calmly grabbing Lauren's hands and pulling the raven-haired girl to sit beside her. "I did it for my family, for you, for us and for everybody else. I was the one he wanted and I was the only one that could stop him. I needed for everybody to be safe." She said and Lauren started calm down. "They're Aurors that died because they were trying to protect me. Just imagine what he would do to you or our family or our friends, I could never bear it if he even touch a hair on your head." A tear rolled down Camila cheek and Lauren was full on crying. "Since I could stop him then I'm glad for doing it because it means that you and everybody is safe. I love you so much Lo and I want to spend the rest of my life with you too." Camila let the tears flow as well and Lauren pulled her into a hug.

Camila buried her face into Lauren's neck as her tears flowed and soaked her girlfriend's t-shirt. Lauren was also crying but not as hard as Camila because her mind replayed what the brown-eyed Princess had said to her. Lauren knew that Camila will always stand for right and justice even if it means dying.

After they cried, they cleaned themselves up and headed downstairs to realise that everybody was still there; all their friends and families. Either something that was about to happen, or they were just scared to go home. The Minister allowed the girls to eat before gathering everybody together to give them further instructions.

"We have checked each one of your houses and it is safe to go home when you're ready." Cornelius said and everybody sighed in relief.

"But please be cautious, we're not sure who Ouranos influenced while he was out." Nicholas said then turned to smile at Camila who smiled back. "Camila, your family's house has been secured and your other home is okay too but we will have someone check in there every now and then."