Chapter 25: Let's See What You Got

The next morning Sofia woke in the Hospital Wing with a sleeping Taylor curled into her side. She smiled at her best friend, who stayed by her side all night to ensure her safety. Sofia's eyes roamed around to see an Auror standing at the foot of her bed with his back towards her and Sofia guessed that the other Auror was either outside the room or somewhere around the Hospital Wing.

Sofia thought about what happened and she knew that she needed to get up. She tried to put herself in Camila's shoes and she knew her cousin would have gotten up and trained harder, so that's what she is about to do. However, Sofia's movement woke the sleeping girl beside her; Taylor's eyes adjusted in time to see the pale girl standing.

"Sof...where are you going? You're on bed rest." Taylor said making her way out of the bed and towards Sofia. "Lets get you back to bed." But Sofia wasn't having none of it and removed herself from Taylor's grasp.

"What is the next challenge in the competition?" Sofia asked in a calm voice which puzzled Taylor and caused the Auror to finally turn to look at them.

"Duelling competition but you need not to concern yourself about that, you need to worry about your recovery." Taylor said pulling Sofia back to bed but Sofia gently push the girl's hand from her. "Sofi, please talk to me. I'm sorry for what happened but please don't shut me out!"

Sofia turned to look at Taylor with her head slightly tilted and her eyebrows together in thought. The Auror outside heard the slight raise of voice and entered the room.

"Miss Cabello is everything okay?" The Auror asked and Sofia nodded in acknowledgement.

"Please ensure that Taylor gets to Slytherin's Common Room safely and escort her to her classes, please." Sofia said to the Auror at the door before turning to the Auror who was already in the room with them and place her hand on his arm. "Gryffindor Tower, please." She said softly and the Auror nodded.

"Sofia!" Taylor yelled out for her best friend but they were long gone before the younger girl could grab Sofia.

______________________

The two arrived at the door of Gryffindor Tower and Sofia stumbled to her knees on their landing but the Auror caught her and help the girl to her feet. The young girl nodded in thanks and the Auror smiled at her softly.

"Wait here, I'll be back soon." Sofia said as she walked through the passageway but before she was out of slight she turned back to the Auror that watched her closely as the door closed.

She tried to move as fast as could to change out of Pajamas and into more comfortable that wasn't her uniform. She changed into some sweatpants, shirt and converse before making her way back through the passageway to where the Auror stood patiently for her.

"I don't think we should use Apparatus again until you're fully recovered. So, we'll just walk to your next destination." The Auror said and Sofia nodded in agreement before stepping to the direction she wanted. They walked a couple of minutes before the Auror decided to speck again. "Miss Cabello?" He said getting the young girl's attention who hummed in acknowledgement. "Why are you forcing yourself? You should be recovering in the hospital so that you can be at your best."

"What's your name, Auror?" She asked looking at the man as they walked.

"Stan, Sebastian Stan." Sebastian said in a funny way that made Sofia giggle. "Sorry, I grew up with a muggle mother that loved James Bond movies and I use watch with her from time to time."

"It's okay. I've seen my parents watch it too." Sofia said smiling up at Sebastian. "You speak of your mother in a past tense." She said as they made their way around the castle.