Meetings, Red Shirts and Surprises

1 day later
*Zayn's POV*

"No dad, I am not marrying Mr. and Mrs. Ahmed's daughter!" I said banging my fist on the music table in my room.

"Zayn calm down! They are sitting outside!" Mum scolded me.

"Let us go watch a movie Ashley." Waliyha said as she took Ashley out of the room.

After Ashley's death, surprisingly, dad helped me become as normal as I am today and he even allowed me to adopt Ashley. He was also very cool with me giving her a Christian name.

Our relations have gotten better. But still, this is not right.

"Look Zayn," He took a deep breath, "We are not asking you to marry her right away. They are here, just go and meet them. If you like her, hang out together some days. They have come all the way from India for you to marry their daughter. It will not seem right if you just ignore them." Dad tried to convince me.

"You are not asking me for an arranged marriage, now are you?" I whispered with a frown.

"No," he shook his head, "I am asking you to meet our family friend's daughter. That's it." He raised his one hand in surrender and I finally gave in.

"Fine. Just meeting." I closed my eyes in annoyance.

"She is not here yet, she had college-" I widened my eyes, "College?". Mum nodded, "She is of Waliyha's age. It's okay she's just a year younger than Ashley." She said and immediately regretted it.

"Uh. Y-yeah. Ashley. I-I forgot about Ashley." I looked down at the wodden table as if it would give me answers, "I hope I am doing right to her." I mumbled.

"You are." I heard Doniya's voice, "She will give you your answers." She gave me a small smile as I hugged her. She came from her house to mine only to help me out. How much I love my big sister!

"Wear this and come out, yeah?" She handed me a shirt as she pulled away and left my room followed by mum and dad.

I sighed as I stared at the red and white check shirt, was I doing the right thing?

"Dad!" Ashley entered my room, breaking my chain of thoughts. I kneeled down, "Yes, love." I smiled at her.

"You are bringing a beautiful and new mummy for me?" She asked me and I gulped, "Who told you this?" I asked her. "Aunt Safaa." She grinned and I groaned mentally.

"You need to look good today." She pointed her index finger at me like a school teacher and I nodded, "Yes ma'am." She giggled.

I got up and changed into the shirt and styled my hair a bit as Ash kept staring at me.

"How do I look?" I asked her.
"You always look good!" She said and kissed my cheek.

"Let's go down then?" I asked her but she shook her head. "Grandmum has asked me to stay up with aunt Safaa while you people do serious talks." She said and I nodded.

"All the best!" She gave me a thumbs up with a cute grin and I nodded as I chuckled at her cuteness.

Getting up, I kissed her cheek and left the room.

I went down to the living room to find a couple in their mid forties. The lady wore a long white suit while the man wore a safari suit.

"Assalawalaikum mister and missus Ahmed." I greeted them. "Walaikumassalam Zayn." The lady greeted me back.

Soon the doorbell rang and my mum answered the door. "She is here!" She yelled from the door and I got excited to see their daughter.

I looked up as I saw a girl in a white knee length kurti and black leggings. She had long and wavy brown hair with tanned skin and blue eyes that were as shocked as mine were.

I could hear Waliyha choke a bit as the Ahmed's daughter came into sight.

Her eyes were wide and surprised as same as mine were. Little had we expected to meet here. What the hell was happening? Why was Mr. And Mrs. Ahmed's daughter-

Maira!?

_____________________________

A/N: LOL xD

My second book is on Amazon, Flipkart and Ingram. 'Infinity Love vs Fate' is the name. Do read and review.

Loves xx