Verses, Selfies and Surprises

A/N: The pic above is Maira's outfit today. The girl above is my sister, Varisha Appi, and the pic is from her wedding that was on 13th February 2016.

*Zayn's POV*

"Are you ready Zayn?" I hear Waliyha call me outside, "Yeah...I guess." I say as I stare at my reflection standing in a blue sherwani.

Waliyha walked inside and stood next to me in a shimmery white suit as she looked at the two of us "What is bothering you?" She asked slowly.

"This all is so fast. It is kind of tough. Today is the marriage. And Ashley..." I looked at my feet as a feeling of regret took over me, "It's okay Zayn. You are forced into this. You will break the marriage after six months, no? Its okay, don't feel guilty." She smiled.

Wait. How does she know?

"Excuse me?" I turn to face her, "How do you know about the six months thing?" She smiled wickedly, "I was walking by the kitchen. Evasdropping is fun, you know." She stuck her tongue out as I gasped.

"Bad manners." I scold her.
"I am your sister not your daughter." She laughs.

"Daughter. Oh yeah, where is my daughter?" I asked her, "Downstairs. The ice cream is too yummy for her to resist." She chuckled.

"Waliyha," Doniya's voice entered the room, "Bring him out. All are waiting." She was still mad at me. We nodded before Waliyha turned to me and straightened my pocket square.

"Let's go, my handsome big brother. All are waiting for the groom." She grins, "Okay, my beautiful little sister." I reply with a smile and we walk hand in hand to the lawn.

The lawn was decorated with white roses and blue orchids. There was a big veil placed between the seats of the bride and bridegroom.

I went and stood next to mum, "Where is Maira? She must be looking pretty today." I whisper, "Shut up." She whispered back.

How sweet of you mum! Even if I win a Grammy, mum will always treat me equally and say 'you are so embarassing Zayn' when I do something stupid.

"The groom cannot speak Arabic." Dad spoke to the priest, "It is okay. One representative who can speak Arabic can say these verses on the groom's behalf." He replied, handing dad a sheet of paper.

"Zayn," Dad called me, "As no one here can speak Arabic so I am your representative. Okay?" He asked me and I nodded.

"The bride is here." Somebody whispered and I immediately turned around to see Maira walk down the stairs in a traditional, shimmery, red dress with white head cover. Her mother, Avantika, Meera and Amyra were bringing her down.

I know seeing the bride before the wedding ceremony for the bridegroom is not allowed, but she looked too gorgeous to look away.

The Ahmed sisters were so beautiful, just like the Brooks sisters. Amyra wore a simple green frock suit yet her waist long curly brown hair and green eyes made her look so pretty.

I was almost spellbound with how beautiful Maira looked, walking down the stairs in full red attire and lots of jewellery.

She was looking down, slowly she looked up and our eyes immediately locked as a nervous smile crept up her face. I gestured in a 'you look beautiful' way and her smile grew wider as she nodded a bit.

"Stop staring. All know she is looking beautiful." Saffa giggled and broke my trance, I rolled my eyes and ignored her.

(A/N: Idk anything about Muslim weddings.)

"Qubool hai." I replied to the priest's question.

A specific memory flashed in my head when Ashley was dreaming about our wedding and had said 'Qubool hai'.