News, Heartbreaks and Walks

*Maira's POV*

"Funeral? What funeral? Who's funeral? Tell me Ash is good. Please Ellie, tell me my daughter is fine." Zayn's eyes watered as he struggled to speak.

"Ashley is fine." Ellie quickly replied, "Then? W-who's funeral El?" He asked her.

"Perrie is no more." Ellie mumbled.

"What? P-Perrie? She's.." I questioned. "Yes Maira. Both of you need to be here. Perrie wanted Shawn, Zayn and Nicola aka Ashley to attend her funeral but...that's not possible for the time being." She mumbled.

"But why? Ashley can go with Harry and you, also Shawn. He was her husband, they loved one another." Zayn said.

"Yes, Shawn is coming. I just called him up, he was very upset with her past deeds but it's love at the end of the day. He really loves that girl and he's devastated she's no more." Ellie sighed.

"I know how he is feeling. I have experienced those things." A few precious tears dropped on the floor from his beautiful eyes.

Without understanding anything, I put an arm around his right shoulder and kissed his stubbled cheek.

"Smile." I mouthed as he looked down at me and gave a smile. "Thank you." He mouthed back.

"How did Ashley get into a car with Perrie? I told Waliyha to not let Perrie come near Ash." He said, "No idea. Ashley is not up yet, now only she knows the answers. Come back soon." Ellie replied.

"But Ashley can go with Haz and you right?" Zayn asked again.

"Uhm no. I don't think so." I could hear Ellie gulp. "What's up Ellie? We're friends since more than ten years, don't hide things from me El." Zayn tried to scold her.

"Ashley is very critical right now Zayn. The accident was very fatal, Perrie has died and Ash is in coma...there are very little chances of her survival." She sighed.

"We'll leave for London soon. Will call you soon. Bye." I said as Zayn stared at the floor and handed me the phone before shaking his head.

"Zayn?" I said softly as I touched his shoulder.
"Ashley will make it?" He asked with a cracking voice.

"She will. I know." I interwined our fingers, "If something happens to Ashley, I don't know what I will do, she is my life. She is my daughter. I won't be able to make it if she doesn't, Maira. I will die." He broke into a fit of tears.

*Zayn's POV*

"Don't say that Zayn." Maira said in the most heartbreaking tone, the tone where the voice starts cracking because the person is about to cry.

I looked up at her, "I am selfish and I-I need you and Ashley." She had tears welling up in her eyes.

"Ash will make it?" I asked her again. "Ash will make it." There was truth in her voice.

"Talk it out Zayn. Whatever you feel. Just say it all." She told me.

"You know that feeling Maira? Where you pick up the peices of your broken life, build it again and halfway through it...when you are sure everything is going right...a storm hits and..." I paused.

"Everything falls apart. In tinier peices. Where you can practically see everything slip from your hands? The tighter you hold, the more the broken peices hurt. Where you are always talking but you don't have anyone to hear, no one to love. I was that person Maira. She had written Ashley Zayn Malik at the end of her suicide note. Every year on the day of her death, my heart breaks and all I can see is that Ashley Zayn Malik in front my eyes. She loved me till her last breath." I buried my head in my hands.