Asylums, Fears and Half Truths

*Zayn's POV*

"Are you my mum now?" Ashley asked Maira, hugging my knees in nervousness, "Yes love. I am your mumma now." Maira kissed her cheek and she grinned before running away.

"I want you to meet a few people. My lifelines." I told Maira after our engagement and she nodded. I could see how hard she was trying to look happy.

I held her hand and walked over to the best people in the world. My clan.

"Congratulations." My support system smiled as she hugged Maira and me. "Thank you Ellie." I smiled.

She looked down at my ring finger, sighed and looked up at me, "I cannot take that off. You know it." I spoke and she nodded, "Okay." She smiled.

"Hello, I am Ellie Styles. Zayn's sister in law. His best friend's wife." She smiled and put out her hand, "Maira Ahmed. Nice to meet you." She shook her hand.

"You look very beautiful." Ellie complimented, "Thank you. You too are very pretty." She grinned.

"She is Ashley's younger sister too." I told her and Ellie looked at me, "Oh! I thought I was not supposed to say that."

"Congratulations brother!" Harry hugged me, "Congratulations lady." He shook hands with Maira. "This is my main man, Harry Styles. Ellie's husband, my ex band mate and my best friend." She nodded, "Nice to meet you."

"Happy for you." Liam hugged me, "I am Liam Payne, Zayn's ex band mate and best friend." He smiled and she nodded. "Maira Ahmed, everyone. Not gonna say it again and again." She laughed a bit as I could see the Maira I met at the mall.

Ellie nodded, "You got the right wife Malik. She's gonna keep you in her control. Good going girl!" She teased me and I rolled my eyes.

Everyone introduced themselves and surprisingly Eleanor and Maira knew one another. Eleanor had walked at Maira's show once.

*Maira's POV*

Honestly, I loved Zayn's friends. They were very sweet and friendly. Specially Harry and Ellie.

Suddenly Zayn's phone rung and he fished it out, "Hello?" He said and nodded before worry was written all over his face. "But it's my engagement tod- oh. Okay, I'll be there. Thank you. Bye." He disconnected the call.

"I gotta go." He said to me, "Where?" I frowned a bit, "To So-" He glanced at Liam, "My management meeting." He was lying.

He looked at Ellie and they exchanged looks before she nodded a bit.

"Mum, I have to leave." He said to Mrs. Malik, she frowned, "It's your engagement day Zayn!" She scolded him. "Mum please! It's my management meeting!" He whined.

She sighed, "Take Maira with you." He widened his eyes, "W-what? Maira? What will Maira do with me there?" He asked, "If you want to go. Go with Maira or stay at home. Simple." She said and walked away.

He sighed and looked at me, "Get changed in ten minutes. We'll meet outside." He looked worried so I nodded or I would have bashed him due to his ordering tone.

No one orders Maira Ahmed!

I went upstairs and changed into a black kurti ending on my mid thigh and pink leggings. He had changed into a blue hoodie and black jeans.

We apologized to everyone and went out to his car. None of us spoke. "Uh Maira?" He called me and I turned my attention to him.

"I lied." He looked ahead and I nodded, "I could tell that." He sighed. "Where are we going?" I asked and he stopped the car, giving me his full attention.