Memories, Insecurities and Loves

*Maira's POV*

I took a deep breath, everything was fresh in my mind, "I used to go to my paternal aunt's singing class when I was 13, my friends and I were junior singing teachers too.

Ali and I were in the same singing group. Being the best in the group, we were the lead singers.

As time passed, from singing romantic duets together, we fell in love.

He used to call me Mai, that is why I told you not to call me Mai.

That 13 year old little Maira had no idea what the cons of love were, all I thought about love was roses and slow music, not the heartbreak and tears.

I never asked for anything in that relationship, not even his time or his gifts. All I wanted was his love, loyalty and attention. Is it too much to ask? For Ali, even this much was a burden.

We were one of the 'cool' kids of the singing class, almost 3 to 4 hours we used to spend at class. We were 6 kids, Ali, Yash, Akarsh, Rohan, Priya and me.

No one dared to mess with us. Priya and Akarsh were older than all of us so they were dating. I never liked Rohan but he was Ali's friend so I never said anything.

I was the youngest in the group, Ali is 3 years older than me. Akarsh and Yash were like my older brothers, I loved my group more than I loved myself.

Because of the fear of Ali, Rohan, Akarsh and Yash, none of the guys tried to flirt with Priya and me.

Ali and I practically grew up together, when he was 19 and I was 16, he suddenly grew up and started drinking beer and smoking weed. For a 16 year old Indian girl, drinking is horrible, let alone smoking.

I tried to stop him but he never listened to me. He even cheated on me once, being young and mad in love, I had forgiven him for that.

Two years later, when I was miserable in our relationship, a guy entered in my life, only to break my world further. Yug Singh.

Not only did he flirt with me but he also became my best friend and supporter. Whenever Ali made me cry, Yug made me smile.

Friends stand by each other through thick and thin, whenever I needed him he was there, he was always there for me. He made me happy, he made me laugh and was truly the best friend one can ever wish for. Until the time I needed him the most.

Over time, Yug developed a place in his heart for me but I refused, Ali was my love.

Love is like quicksand, the deeper you fall in, the harder it is to get out of. And I had already drowned in that quicksand.

I spent a lot of time Yug and suddenly in all this, Ali started noticing our closeness and his attention shifted from his sluts to Yug and me. Jealousy took place in his heart.

One day, Yug and I were practising a Bollywood song on the terrace when suddenly Ali barged in, he was smelling of beer.

"You fucked each other or should I come later?" He slurred, "No baby, you're taking it to the wrong place. Yug and I are just friends." I walked to him as tears welled up in my eyes.

"Oh you shut up! Didn't I ask you to stay away from Yug?" He yelled on my face, I was scared the most. Ali had never yelled on me, this was the first time.

"You cheated on me Maira!" He yelled on me again, I was shocked, firstly he was yelling on me and secondly he was calling me Maira. He always called me Mai.

He held my arm, shook me and was about to hit me, I quickly squeezed my eyes shut but nothing hit me.

I opened my eyes to see a white fabric covered back in front of me, it was Yug.