Apologies, Cuddles and Drunk Confessions

*Zayn's POV*

"Hi." I said to Maira who was sitting in a satin nighty on her side of the bed with face buried in her hands, elbows on her thighs and head down.

She quickly looked up with a face that had eyeliner smudged on it, "Hi." Awkwardness was clear between us.

"Uhm," She said scratching her neck, "Sorry for that kiss." Her eyes quickly looked down, "I was drunk. Sorry." This is probably the most awkward situation ever.

Your own wife whom you love is apologizing for kissing you because she does not love you, how lucky.

What the fuck is my life? A Wattpad fan fiction?

"It's fine." I smiled a bit, "Good night." I said after a bit. "Good night." She replied and layed down.

Unable to understand anything, I layed down on the uncomfortable couch. Suddenly the light switched on, "No, you can sleep here. I am uhm scared of sleeping alone." She looked down and I nodded.

We layed next to one another, a thick air of awkwardness between us.

*Maira's POV*

Shit shit shit! Why do I drink so much? Why? I kissed him. I kissed Zayn. Oh God! This is so awkward, he is sleeping next to me and I am freaking out.

All of a sudden Zayn's voice broke my chain of thoughts, I turned my head to him. "Maira." He mumbled, moved his hand on the bed, his hand found my waist, then he pulled my back closer to his chest and fell asleep.

I smiled as he slept like a baby, his head was in my hair, his hand wrapped around my waist and our legs next to one another.

However, I am not going to have these feelings for long. It hurts, it hurts to know that he does not love me back.

Moreover, I was scared. Scared of losing him, scared of him getting bored of me. I was scared of boredom, routine and never being good enough for someone like him. I was scared of getting hurt by falling for him, but I knew, it was too late.

They say it right, you don't find love, it is love that finds you.

Making up my mind yet smiling at the beauty of the night, I drifted off to sleep in the arms of the best husband in the world.

Next morning, I woke up to see my head on his chest as his hand rested on my waist. That was the best sleep I had ever had.

I moved a bit in order to not wake him up but failing as his eyes squinted open.

"Maira?" He asked in his sexy morning voice, looking down at me in confusion as he looked around. "Sorry." He said pulling his hand away. I nodded getting up.

This is so awkward.

"Did you wake up due to the dreams you get?" He asked me, combing his hair with his fingers, "Nope. I did not get any nightmares." I shrugged.

"Because of sleeping like this?" I nodded in reply as I tried to hide my blush.

"Don't move." Zayn said suddenly and I looked at him weirdly, "Sorry?" I asked, "The light is falling on you perfectly. You look breathtaking." He said and looked deeply in my eyes.

His palm rested on my cheek and he leaned in, and within seconds our lips were connected.

I thought I was desperate to kiss him but there was a hint of desperatness in his lips.

In that moment, I felt like I had been cut open and stuffed; like those make your own soft toys. Stuffed with thoughts and feelings but thoughts and feelings regardless. After such a long time, I had felt a little less numb.