Nostalgia, Red Suits and Sherwanis

*Zayn's POV*

"How's she?" Doniya whispered to me as I entered the kitchen, "Nice." I said, yeah she was nice and obviously she did not know anything. I overreacted.

"Nice?" Doniya said in a confusingly shocked tone, I nodded. "You found the girl you'll be marrying nice?" She made a face.

I rolled my eyes, "I am not marrying her Don." She widened her eyes, "You are not marrying her?" She gasped and I rolled my eyes again, sitting on the counter next to the stove.

"I am not marrying her anytime soon." I clarified and she grinned, "You want to marry her!?" She jumped and I wanted to push her head towards the wall.

"Oh God Don! You are so annoying! At times I want to pack my things and leave the house. That is how much you annoy me!" She rolled her eyes.

"Anyways," She went back to work, "She is really nice, according to me. Like, she is so calm and sweet. She won't hit you for being irritating." I laughed, "You thought." I mumbled.

"What do you mean?" She asked frowning at me. "He means," Waliyha entered, "I'll tell you." She leaned on the other side and told the entire story leaving Doniya in tears of laughter.

"Beware Zayn, she will hit you for being irritating." Doniya smacked my arm and I hit her back.

"Hey?" We heard Maira and turned to her, she looked nervous and awkward. "Hey. Come in. Why are you standing there?" Doniya said sweetly.

"I am Doniya James Brooks, Zayn's older sister." She introduced herself and shook hands with her. "I am Maira Ahmed. Zayn's...nevermind." She shrugged.

I patted on the space next to me and she sat.

"So," She spoke after a while, "What were you people laughing at?" Maira asked us innocently and we just looked at one another. "Zayn and Waliyha were telling me how calm you are." Doniya smirked and she buried her face in her hands.

"Why do you need to tell that to everyone?" She said with a muffled voice and we laughed, "It is fine. You did not lie, it is okay. Forget it you two." Doniya scolded us and she looked up.

"Sorry. For what happened out there. I had no idea." She said to me with a small smile and I nodded, "I know. It's okay. I overreacted, I am not over it completely." I smiled back and she nodded.

"What are you two talking about?" Waliyha asked curiously. "She said something about Ashley and our past so I overreacted." I explained and she nodded.

"So Zayn," She smiled at me, "Tell me about Ashley. Where is she?" She asked me curiously and I gulped before Doniya and Waliyha exchanged looks.

"Uhm...Maira I guess we should leav-" I interrupted Waliyha, "Ashley is no more." I spoke and all three of them gasped. "Zayn, leave it." Waliyha said in a warning tone.

I looked down at my shoes, "W-we were together for six years but five years back she..." Tears rolled out of my eyes, "Excuse me." I said before walking hurriedly to my room.

(A/N: Play Story Of My Life)

"Ash baby please come back. Please. I miss you." My knees gave up as I could not stop my tears. I buried my face in my hands and cried my eyes out.

"I never thought I could love someone so much. But then you came. And I did love you the most. And it kills to know how much power I have lost because of you. You weaken the hell out of me. But it's okay. It is more than okay. Because, baby, I am in love with you." I stared at our picture on the wall.

I leave my heart open and it stays right here empty for days. When you lose someone you love so much, surviving the loss is the most difficult thing in the world.