Families, Arguments and Bondings

*Maira's POV*

"Maira?"

"Yes Zayn?"

"She will make it, right?" There was unsurety in his voice.

"She will. Relax." I reassured him.

Zayn and I had just landed in London and now we were walking towards the ICU where our daughter was battling between life and death. Imagining Ashley lying between machines and tubes makes chills run down my spine.

I am trying to be all strong and positive for Zayn while on the inside I'm scared as hell too.

Zayn has not slept or eaten anything ever since Ellie's phone call. All he has been doing is staring at Ashley's pictures, humming songs or staring blankly at things. There are dark circles and eyes bags under his eyes, his face is sleep deprived and his hair is ruffled.

It hurts to see him this way.

"Zayn!" Doniya exclaimed and all others turned to us. The entire Malik clan, my parents and all of Zayn's friends were present.

"How is Ashley?" He asked directly, "She's...okay." Doniya lied, "She's not." Zayn said as he looked down at the floor.

I touched his shoulder, "She'll be fine Zayn. You need to be positive love, for Ashley." I consoled him and all he did was nod before wiping his eyes and looking up.

"When did this happen?"
"Yesterday. Perrie also died the same day." Waliyha replied. She looked sorry, sad and tired.

It was visible that none of them had slept properly.

"Who sent Ashley with Perrie? Why were they together? Don't-" He paused and looked at his younger cousins and Rachel, "Jawaad?" He said to the weird haired boy, "Take the kids home. It's not good for them to be here. Take aunt or someone with you." He instructed and the boy nodded.

Zuzu, Tara, Zaydan, Rachel, Nuha, Aakansha, Safaa and Daniaal left with Jawaad and aunt Zileh.

"Don't you guys know what Perrie did earlier?" He continued from where he left.

"We know Zayn but before I could stop...Perrie drove away." Mister Malik replied. "You saw them going together?" Zayn exclaimed and he nodded.

"And you didn't stop her?"
"I tried but-" Zayn raised his hand, "You are such a cheap man." He snarled, "What are you saying Zayn?" Mrs. Malik rushed to him.

"God! I should have thought of this! You never liked Ashley when she was alive, you were always against the idea of our marriage just because she was christian and adopted. You never wanted us to get married, look, she left me." His voice cracked, "Now, I should have known how the hell are you so nice to me and Ash? Her crime was having a christian name and getting adopted by me. You never asked me to change her religion. When you saw Perrie leaving with Ash you became happy...happy that Ash won't come back." Zayn's words left everyone shocked.

"No Zayn, its not like that. Son I wa-" He was quitened again, "You know what? I hate you. Don't call me your son." He said before turning on his heels and walking away.

"I'm sorry on his behalf dad, Zayn is just really upset." I rushed to a defeated father, "I know child." He said with teary eyes, "Go to him." He said and I obeyed.

I went outside to see him, leaning against a tree with a ciggerette dangling between his lips.

"What was this?" I asked him, he turned around. "I told you that he hated Ashley." He replied through gritted teeth.

"Zayn please! For a father, his child is important. Like for you, Ashley is important. What do you think? Uncle Yaser waited for five years, made you feel accepted and planned all this? Blah! That's bullshit! He had tears in his eyes after you left, you have hurt your father Zayn. Everyone makes mistakes, Uncle made mistakes in the past and now he is making up for all of that. You can give three chances to Perrie but not to your own father?" I confronted him.