Coffees, ICUs and Funerals

*Maira's POV*

I bought Liam's latté, my drink, Niall's sandwich and walked in the hospital as Ellie left for home because of too much stress.

As I was about to enter the ICU Eleanor stopped me, "They said two people at a time. Haz is still in." She told me, "Oh okay, thanks for telling." I smiled.

"Niall, your sandwich." I said handing him the packet, "Thank you Zayn's wifey." I just grinned and blushed in reply.

"Lima bean, your latté." I handed Liam his drink and he chuckled at the name.

"Thank you so much." I grinned in reply again as a sound behind pulled my attention.

I turned around to find the curly haired boy in a white shirt and black jeans come out of the ICU with his head low.

"All good Harry?" I asked as I sensed the saddness from a distance. "Grand." He said and I felt sarcasm oozing from his tone.

"Of course." I rolled my eyes. "I'm sorry Maira I was so rude to you. I am just deeply messed up and upset." He sighed.

"I know Harry, it's okay. Ellie told me everything. You two will be good, I am sure all will be fine again." I smiled and he nodded.

"Zayn wants to see you. I'm leaving, take care of yourself, Ash and Zayn." He told me, "Oh okay. Thank you for telling. Take care of yourself, Els and the baby." He grinned in reply, revealing his dimples before nodding and leaving.

"Oh and Harry?" He turned around, "Congratulations."

I quitely opened the ICU door and entered to see my man sitting next to Ash's bed, holding her hand.

"You are mum and dad's angel. Don't go just now. I want to do everything to keep you safe and happy, from a broken arm or from a broken heart. I want to see you go through taking part at annual functions, become a high school girl, get into college, pursue your career, give your heart away to a boy who would know how to treat you right, bring him to meet me, get married, have kids and put mud on my grave as my daughter. The only people I see in my future are you and your mum. You may be thinking that I don't love you because I didn't call you in these days. I'm sorry, I had to make mum happy. She does not know me well. Daddy's angel, daddy's warrior, my strong baby, I'll be there to catch you when you fall but if you fall just now...I won't be able to catch you. I want to be your superhero, give me the chance baby girl." He wiped his tears as I wiped my eyes.

My heart shattered in bits as I saw Ashley on the hospital bed, laying so vulnerable and weak. She had dark circles, needles and tubes were piercing her pale skin.

All I wanted was her to be fine, even if that costed my own life.

"Zayn?" I called slowly, already feeling guilty for ruining the father daughter moment.

"Ash will be fine." I smiled at him as he nodded slowly. I went and sat on the couch, not wanting to ruin his moments with Ashley.

"Listen?" He called me after a few minutes and I looked up at him. "Ashley doesn't know you can sing. Can you please sing for her?" He flashed a cute smile and I couldn't refuse so I nodded, sitting near the bed.

"Mum is going to sing for you baby girl." He smiled at her, his eyes like a galaxy full of stars, looking at his entire world.

"Which one will you sing?" He asked me eagerly.

"Teardrops on my guitar by Taylor Swift." I chose the song true to my situation.

"He looks at me, I fake a smile so he won't see that I want and I'm needing everything that we should be."