Song referances, gifts and calls

*Zayn's POV*

Four days have passed since Maira has had a proper conversation with me. The day I lied to her about my date, she just talked to me the next day. That was our last proper conversation.

I remember our talk that day-

"Good morning." Maira had said to me, handing me lemonade. "To cure your hangover." She had said and turned away.

"So how was your date yesterday?" She asked me while folding the clothes after I mumbled a thanks, "It was good." I lied. "So much fun that you smoked weed with a girl huh?" She asked in a mum tone.

"Yeah, sorry." I drank the lemonade to cure my headache. "Do you wanna tell me something?" She asked me, "Yeah. I did not go on any date. I don't know any Lauren." I confessed.

"I know." She had replied, shocking me. "How?" I asked her, "You would never cheat on me." She said and went to the washroom.

After that we have not talked like we used to. Did I say some shit when I was drunk?

It has been seven days on the honeymoon, we cuddle when we sleep, we go places together but she has stopped holding my hand.

What have I done?

"Get changed, we have to buy stuff for our families." Maira said to me, breaking my chain of thoughts as she stood in a denim shirt and black legging.

"Why? We still have 7 days." I told her, "5 days. The trip period is of 13 days, including the wedding day. I saw on the trip package." She corrected me.

She avoids the word 'honeymoon' and prefers 'trip'.

"Still! 5 days!" I exclaimed.
"Gifts for your cousins, sisters, parents, aunts, uncles, friends, sister in laws and brother in law. Gifts for my parents, nephew, sister, brother in law, friends and grand parents. Oh and our daughter." She counted.

I love how she said 'our' daughter instead of my or your daughter.

"That is like, a city's population. We need at least 3 days." She crossed her arms, "Now go." She said and started fixing her hair.

I got up, "Now I'm searching every lonely place, every corner calling out your name. Trying to find you, but I just don't know. Where do broken hearts go?" I sang as I took out my clothes.

"Maira?" I spun around and she looked at me, "Yes?" She replied.

"According to you, where do broken hearts go?" I asked her, she thought a bit, "Umm...Broken hearts. I think they do not go anywhere, they stay. They remain exactly where they were. Moreover, they are not broken, they are played, modified and used." She replied.

"That was deep." I said in amazement, "Yeah sure. So deep, you can see Adele rolling in it." She said and I blinked at her in confusion.

"Getttttt ittttt??"
"Nope."

She rolled her eyes, "Adele. Rolling in the deep." She said in a 'that is obvious' tone.

"That was so lame." I replied chukling.
"Just like you." I just rolled my eyes.

The entire day we spent walking around and buying gifts for my family first, that is, my parents, siblings, James and Ashley.

The paps did bother us at first but after recieving no answers for a long time, they went away. Near them, the minimal conversation we had was in Urdu/Hindi so that they don't get it.

Suddenly something caught my eye, I picked it up, "How much for it?" I asked the old shopkeeper, "5 dollars." He told me and I handed him.

"Maira?" I called her and she turned around, "Yeah?".

"This is for you." I said handing her my gift, I quickly notice her still wearing the 'M' pendant.

She took it and looked up at me, "A dreamcatcher?" She asked me with a small smile. "I thought you will like it. It's okay if you don't, we will ret-"

"I have always fancied dream catchers. I love them." She grinned as she held the beautiful, yellow dream catcher in her hand and admired it.

"It's beautiful. Thank you. That's really sweet of you." She smiled and I smiled back.

The rest of the day went away quickly.

"I'm exhausted." I said as I sprawled on the bed, "Same here." She said and layed down on her side.

Suddenly my phone rang, she handed it to me. "Just check it." I told her casually, "Its bad to see someone's call." She replied, "There's nothing to hide from you." She blinked her eyes twice before looking down at the phone.

She is behaving so weird.

"Hi Ellie!" She grinned.
"How have you- What!?" She yelled, straightened up and got up with a worried expression on her face.

"Oh my... But how?" It was not a good sign, she had tears in her eyes. "Please take care. Keep updated. We'll be back soon. Bye."

"What's wrong?" I asked her.
"I am freaking out! Oh my God! I-"

"Maira!"
"I am so worried! Oh God why?-"

"Maira Malik speak!"
"Damn why? Oh my I-"

I held her, looked deep in her tear filled eyes, "Maira. What's wrong?" I asked her.

Her words felt like bricks on my head, those simple words broke me into peices. My entire world fell on my head as she said, "Ashley is in coma."
____________________________

A/N: Omfg! Its 25th of March! Mind of Mine! And a year since Zayn left. God I am a mixture of happy and sad!

By the way, tons of drama coming up!

Loves,
Eishita xoxo