Invitations, Fights and Antiseptics

*Zayn's POV*

"Mai?" We pulled back and Maira stood frozen on her place, as if someone had said 'Statue' and ran away.

"A-Ali?" She stammered. "I'm getting negative vibes from him." Eleanor whispered a bit too loudly before being glared by Louis.

"Uhm, Elean, he is Ali. My..." Maira seemed confused and unsure, "Friend?" She said more in a questioning tone.

"What do you want?" I asked him bluntly before she squeezed my hand. "I wanted to introduce Mai-Maira to someone." She nodded, "Go on."

"Maira this is Tanya, my fianceé." He said as he pointed towards a girl.

(A/N: Vaani Kapoor as Tanya)

His hands went around her waist. "Oh. Okay. Wow." Maira said as if she was absorbing the news.

She looked...hurt?

"Uhm hi." She waved to Tanya as she looked up, "Hi! I've heard a lot about you." She replied. "That's not a great first impression then." Maira laughed and Ali looked away awkwardly.

"The wedding is 5 months later. Will you both come?" He asked us.

I rolled my eyes, "N-"
"Yeah." Maira spoke and my head jerked at her, "Of course. Congratulations." She flashed a totally fake grin.

"Thank you. It's an Indian wedding. It'll just be a week long function. Do come." He grinned at us and Maira nodded while I just looked at her with shock.

Next thing was a total shock for me. Ali leaned in and hugged Maira tightly. All the eyes went wide except Tanya's which were crinkled up because of grinning, Maira's and Ali's because they were closed.

Explosions of anger and jealousy took place in the pit of my stomach.

Then it hit me, Maira loved him. It was okay for her to be hurt. My heart ached, she had my heart, she had me yet I did not have her.

They pulled away and Ali kissed her cheek right where I had kissed her at home. I wanted to break his nose but I stopped myself.

He smiled at me and walked away with his fianceé, with the girl he loved as his, while I saw the girl I love get her heart broken...yet again.

Maira was totally quite the entire night and the others chose to ignore having a conversation on the topic.

I decided to not care about it. I had to push her away. She loved him. She belonged with him.
____________________________

"She will be discharged after you do the paperwork." The doctor told me next morning and I nodded at her, filling the papers.

Maira had gone to get Ashley changed while the others had gone to their homes at night after I insisted.

I signed the final sheet and while handing it to the doctor a voice hit my ear.

"Daddy!" It was my baby girl's voice.

"No speaking loudly in the hospital Ash. Other people will be disturbed. Then they will become sick." Maira told her and she nodded before apologizing.

Both of them looked super cute. Maira looked stunning in a beige tank top and black jeans with black shoes while holding Ashley in her arms who rocked a plain pink frock and black shoes.

"Give her to me. I can take care of her." I said to Maira and she nodded before looking at me with shock, handing her in my arms.

Ashley couldn't walk because of the plaster on her leg.