Rooms, Divorce papers and proposals

*Zayn's POV*

I entered the room and my heart stopped beating, my throat got dry and my skin got cold at what I saw.

"M-Maira?" I said with difficulty.

"Oh my God!" Ali exclaimed and pulled away.

My eyes had just wittnessed my wife and her ex boyfriend make out right in front of me.

"Zayn!" Maira said and ran next to me. Her saree and hair were messed. Her lipstick was smudged.

"Why?" I croaked. "Why did you do this to me Maira? Why would you cheat on me?" Tears welled up in my eyes and I looked down at the floor.

"No Zayn. I-I didn't." She replied.

"What am I seeing then?" I yelled. "Its nothing Zayn. H-he f-" I raised my hand, "You've betrayed me Maira Malik." I snorted.

"We still love each other." Ali said to me and Maira stared at him in horror.

Was she planning on never telling me while still being with him?

"No we don't!" Maira yelled with crocodile tears in her eyes. "Yes you do!" I yelled too.

"What's this then?" I said pointing at the 'A' on her hand. "This is for-"

"Ali?" Another voice made us look back. Tanya stared at us in horror, "I thought you were a good person." She said looking at Maira with hate.

I could hear my heart break all over again. She was hating on my wife and I couldn't deny. Now I know what Liam felt when Sophia got slapped at Perrie's party that day.

"Have a great life. I hate you." Tanya said, threw her ring on Ali's face and walked away.

Ali's face was heartbroken and sad. Tears were rushing from his eyes as he ran behind Tanya, leaving Maira and me alone.

"Break bones but never break trust." I said as tears fell from my eyes.

"Zayn but I lo-"
"I hate you Maira."

*Maira's POV*

"I hate you Maira." Bricks fell right on my head with those four words.

His face. I kind of saw his light slowly drain out and I really didn't think he had any left.

This was not supposed to happen. No. We weren't supposed to end this way.

I did not cheat on him!

I ran behind him but he was long gone. I looked for Ashley but someone told me he took her away with her.

Taking out my phone, I called him but he rejected the call everytime.

Once. Twice. Thrice....Fifteenth time.

I gave up, booked an Uber and went home. I know I looked like a mess because the driver almost got scared as I entered the cab.

I looked out at the gloomy day from the window. The weather was an exact replica of my heart.

"Zayn!" I yelled quickly after paying the driver and banged the door furiously.

The door opened. There stood Waliyha and Doniya.

"Where's Zayn? Where's Ashley?" I asked them.

"Ashley is at her grandmum's place and, well, Zayn's in depression, thanks to you." Waliyha replied before Doniya nudged her with her elbow.

"Come in." Doniya said, allowing me in.

I rushed into our room.

"Zayn." I said breathlessly as I went and sat on the spot next to him on our bed.