Chapter 39

A/n Happy Chinese New Year! It's the year of the monkey! I hope everyone continues to be safe and have a blessed year.

I heard what is happening in Hong Kong, so if you are from there I hope the best for everyone! Please be safe and I hope your families are well too!

----------

'Sorry...'

I've been staring at this text filled with emotions. Anger. Annoyance. Pity.

I lock my phone and close my eyes.

"Is everything okay?" The make-up artist asks me making me open my eyes.

"Everything is okay," I offer a smile.

"We're almost done, are you sure you want to go on stage wearing that? We can get you a really nice outfit!" She asks me. I was wearing ripped jeans and a sweatshirt.

"She's right, can't you wear something more, oh I don't know, appealing? You're going to be on TV!" Jen exclaims. Yes, her and everyone are here, the guys are just at the men's dressing room. We met up the other day and we practiced our routine. They're honestly at the top of their game.

"It would make it fun, they would have to really think whether or not I'm a skilled singer or not," I reason.

"It's Kim Jonghyun, you really want to show him this side of you?" Cassidy joins in.

"With his pretty beautiful contact filled eyes. And his nice body and voice," Lara comments dreamily.

"So how's Marco?" I ask with a raised brow.

"What?" She says coming back. "He's fine, why?"

We look at her and just laugh.

"We have an outfit you can wear. You can even dance in it , want to at least try it?" The make-up artist asks. She brings out an outfit that screams boho.

"My body is not prepared to pull that off," I comment looking at how revealing it is.

"You're fine, come one help me shove this on her!" Jen commands as she forcefully makes me stand.

"Careful with the make-up!" Knowing that if it goes wrong I'd have to sit and get my make-up fixed, I change willingly.

"You're hot!" Cassidy says bluntly.

"The tops a big though," I point out as I try to fix it.

"It's fine, we can make it drop on your shoulder. I'll tell them to zoom out during your tumbles or something," Jen says. I nod trusting her as they fix it.

"Let me fix your hair and you'll be perfect!" I'm sat down again as she works with my hair to complete the bohemian look. After half an hour we're called for standby and my hair is finished.

"I'll see you guys later," I tell them and follow the other contestants to the stage. I fiddle with my clothes, but not enough to ruin the look. I stand on platform 7 and turn my back to the audience.

"Here goes nothing," I mumble to myself.

~

"Now let's introduce number 7," Leeteuk begins after their comments on number 6.