The Letter

Jack's POV

I was home, alone, as usual. I was working with my YouTube videos with Sam sitting on my lap and watching. I tried my best not to let the curse words slip but she herd them anyways.

"Please don't say these words. Just for your daddy, okay sweetheart?" I said looking at her sternly.

"I won't I promise. Anything for daddy." Sam replied with a big smile.

I smiled back and kissed her forehead. She chuckled a bit then jumped off my lap, heading out the door and into the hallway.

"Where are you going, Sam?" I asked.

"To my room to draw!" She replied back.

I just nodded. I turned back to my editing. When I was, I looked at my hand. I still had my wedding ring on, even though it was over. I kept it on for reasons to be.

Y/n was missing. She was missing with my two children. Nixon and Autumn. I still wonder where she went or how the birth of our twins were. I missed one very important day. I don't even know how old they are or if they even made it alive.

So, I learn to leave my worries behind and just stick with the truths I have now. Sam is growing up well and I'm happy for her. I'm raising her the way I want her to be raised and I love her, with all my heart.

"Daddy, what is this?" Sam asked.

I turned around in my wheelie chair and saw her with the rings that Y/n left behind in the note three years ago.

"Why do you have those?" I asked getting up and kneeling in front of her to her height and grabbing the rings.

"Well I wanted to see if you had anything of mommies in your room." Sam said

"Sam, that means you lied to me." I said.

"Is that a bad thing?" She asked.

"Yes it is a bad thing sweetheart. It's not nice to lie." I said.

"I'm sorry daddy. I didn't mean to." She said getting teary eyed.

"Don't cry sweetheart. Just don't lie to me again. Promise." I asked.

"I promise." She said.

"That's my girl. Now, do you want to make a cake with daddy!?" I asked standing up.

"CAKE!!" She shouted jumping up and down.

I smiled and laughed a little bit. I grabbed her hand and put the rings in my jean pocket. We went down the stairs together. I picked her up and set her on the counter.

"Now, how do we make the cake without getting messy?" I asked.

"I don't know. You're the boss." She said.

I smiled and kissed her forehead again. I was about to pull out the ingredients until I herd the mailman knock on the door. I went over and grabbed the mail then came back.

"You've got mail!" Sam shouted.

I looked over at her and smiled. I set it down and saw bills, letters for Y/n, and a latter for me.

I grabbed that one first. It didn't say who it was from. Curious, I opened it and the only thing that was in it was two photos. (Up there ☝🏼)

I looked closely at the photos. There, a little girl and a little boy. Both of them with brown hair and bright blue eyes, just like me.

I first flipped the back of the little boy. It read:

Nixon McLoughlin - 3years
45lbs
3' 6"

There, it shocked me. Then that meant the other of girl was Autumn. I flipped it over as well. And I was right.

Autumn McLoughlin - 3 years
41lbs
3' 8"

I got to at least see my two twins. They are alive and healthy. But what about Y/n? I looked back in the envelop and there was nothing else. Not a letter. Not a card. Nothing. Just two pictures.

"Daddy! What's taking so long?" Sam asked.

I looked up and saw her looking worried. Happy tears were forming in my eyes as I handed her the photos. She looked at them confused.

"Who are these people daddy?" Sam asked.

"That's your brother and sister. Autumn and Nixon." I said going over and standing by her to glance at the beautiful pictures again.

"So that means mommy is coming back, right!?" Sam asked happily.

"Y-yeah, totally Sam. She's coming back very soon." I lied.

Sam smiled and hugged me tightly. But oh does Sam not know that all is just a lie. I don't know when Y/n is coming back. All I know is that it may not be very soon.