Training in Alchemy

~sorry if some of the words are a bit weird I'm on my way to tech school and the bus is stupid. Anyway I hope you enjoy~

-your pov when Edward first got his state alchemist watch-

"I wonder what the results were for my test." I walk out of central and I go home.

I grew up in the poor part of central and we didn't have much. My father died when I was 12 and my mom left me cause she was a hooker. Ever since then I've been on my own.

"Hey! You! The lieutenant colonel wants to talk to you!" Some short guy with glasses shouted out to me.

"Umm... ok." I walked but in cause I wasn't too far. The lieutenant colonel was a flame alchemist I always thought that was cool. Flames are amazing and pretty.

"Mrs. L/n?" The flame alchemist said and raised an eyebrow. I nodded.

"Call me Y/n." I sat back down on the 3 legged chair. He was impressed I could sit on it for so long.

I passed some tests just not a lot. I've only heard of one other 15 year old state alchemist. He must have done flawless.

"Have you seen the truth Y/n?" The man said and leaned forward on his table.

Back then I did everything. I practiced my heart out. I was with a teacher and she died training me. We performed a human transmutation... but it failed. We were trying to bring back her husband.

I was dragged into the void with her because I helped. I didn't want to but I was told to. I looked up to her. She was gone... the only thing left of her was her clothes.

I lost a few fingers... luckily I didn't loose much. I went to the Rockbell automail shop nearby at the time and they gave me new fingers. If it wasn't for them I'd be fingerless on my right hand.

Not many people survive a human transmutation but I was lucky.

"Yes sir..." I said now starting to shake but I was calm enough to still sit in the chair. He looked disappointed in me but as if he had heard it before.

"Show me then." He stood up and I got up as well. "Make a weapon." I nodded and I put my hands on the ground.

"There's not many people who can do that too." A short blonde man walked out of the darkness. He had a suit of armour with him. Protection?

"Edward what are you doing here? Your not allowed." The flame alchemist said and looked angry.

I just had a sword in my hand and I stood there. Who is this man. He said the word too... as if he'd seen the truth as well.

'Even your gravest mistakes shouldn't stop you from moving forward'