starting new

So it's been a while since Edward died Alphonse got back into his human body and Roy lost his sight. Everyone who was on the homunculus mission got a month of time off from work.

The vacation has been a lot for me. I got to spend the lost time me and Edward had together. And Al has been living it up trying everything he can. But it's kinda limited since he broke his arm a week ago.

In fact my birthday is coming up soon and I'll be 21. And Ed is gonna be 22 in 3 months.

I walk out the house with my waffle in my mouth and my hot chocolate in hand. Just like the old days but however. It's different... Only cause Edward is with me.

"So are you gonna tell everyone their rankings today? We have been waiting a month." Edward smiles.

"Yea of course. Can't keep you guys waiting for too long." I giggle and Al runs up to us. He is out of breath but he manages to stand up and walk with us to headquarters.

I told Al he could work without testing since I have been with him for so long. I already know what he is capable of so what's the point in testing him.

"Ed your me and Roy's right hand man. Let's call you a... Führers side kick?" I giggle trying to find out what I should call him. Well I guess I could be main führer and Roy and Ed can be secondary führers. "Or a secondary führer."

He smiles and kisses my cheek. Since I was granted the position of führer by being king Bradley's puppy dog I don't want to disrespect my rank that was given to me.

"Hey y/n hat am I?" Al chimes in. I smile and look up at the sky. The sky is bright baby blue and the clouds are really fluffy looking.

"First lieutenant. I'll rank you up quick though. And you can work for Riza since she will be general." His eyes light up as I say Riza. I bet it's nice to have work you can do after watching your big brother do all the work and getting all the jobs while tagging along.

"This is gonna be so much fun!!" Excitement rang out with his voice and then we make it to headquarters. We walk to my office and there is 3 different sets of desks.

"Well here you are babe." I point to the desk on the right and he goes to it to find his name on a plaque and it says in gold 'Führer Edward Elric'. Then he goes to the left desk and finds 'Führer Roy Mustang'

"Wow you actually let him have this title." He smiled and I walked over to Roy's desk and out a beer on it.

"Yeah I did. And I'm the toughest to ever have this title." I say proudly. Roy walks in and we hug each other. Roy got eye surgery so he could see. His eyesight isn't all that great so he has to wear glasses... not really used to it.

"How are your eyes?" I smile and ask him sitting on his desk. He looks at the plaque and then hugs me again.

"OMG YOU'RE SO AMAZING Y/N!!!" he lets go and hugs his desk. I've never seen him like this. Riza walks in and sees Roy hugging his desk and she face palms.

"Roy... Can you not? You have 2 other führers in the room..." She tugs his jacket and I hand both Roy and Ed a new jacket for their uniforms. It's the long jacket with the right ranking.

"Wow." Roy looks and puts it on. He smiles and then hugs Riza. She just sits there and then hugs him back. You smile at how cute it is.

"So are you guys a thing?" I look at the and Riza blushes. Roy just looks at Riza and smiles. They step away for each other and I laugh with Ed and Al.

"So no?" I laugh out and Roy punches me I the arm. He looks a bit angry but I could tell he was embarrassed.

"I mean I ship you guys." I laugh again and they looks t each other blushing. I just leaned up against my desk and laughed my ass off.

"Y/n what rank am I?" Riza got herself together and asked me as I wiped tears from my eyes.

"You are a general." I manage to get out and I sit at my desk. I put my things up on my desk and I make it look more like a work desk than a table.

Riza smiles and salutes me. I just look at her. She smiles again and starts to walk out. "Don't salute me Riza. You're my friend not my co worker." I say seriously as she turns around. She nods and walks out the door.

It's been yet another tiring day and it is only 1 pm... It's too much. I don't really want to be honored this much either... It's the only reason why I'm sharing this rank. I feel like I don't deserve it. I look at a small table behind me and it's empty. I put a picture of Maes Hughes on the table and I smile.

Now you deserve this rank... I don't...