Amazing Saturday

"Austin, hey!" Ava surprisingly said. But he isn't buying any of that crap.

"What were you guys supposed to tell me? Don't try to lie. I know you two perfectly well." He knowingly said.

"We're cancelling movie night this saturday cause my parents aren't gonna be home and that scares me-

"Oh seriously dude! You're overreacting. They've known Austin since we were little, of course they'll just say yes." Ava said cutting me completely off from our conversation.

"It's fine, actually. It's your choice, Savi." He smiles. Oh god, why do I like him so much?

"We are going to watch that movie on Saturday and that's final. You really wouldn't miss it for the world. That's settled, so let's go Savi!" Ava quickly said pulling me in the process away from Austin and that near-to-death conversation.

-----

"Dude, what was that?" 

And I look at her and sheepishly smile.

"So, it's true then. Your thing with Austin which is supposed to be over and done with back in 5th grade isn't really over and done with right now." And I nod.

Surprisingly, she hugs me and squeals like a girl.

"Stop it Ava! You're embarrassing me. We're still in school!" 

"I knew it! I knew it! I knew it! OMG you guys are gonna look so cute together! My ship is still sailing!!!! We should head back to our classroom this instant! Or we could just skip and go straight to the mall or we could-

"Ava, I don't plan on telling him soon. So please." I begged.

She sighs.

"Alright. But the least you could do is get ready and look good in front of him. So, let's go to the mall after school!" She squeals again and pulls me inside the room.

-----

Saturday 8:03am (In the Dining Room)

Dear Diary, 

I'm not supposed to write stuff  today since it's WAY too early in the morning for me and did I mention that it was a Saturday? Crap.

Ava is here beside me trying really hard to contain her excitement in my upcoming date. Scratch that. 'Friendly Night Out'.

"Dude! It's a freaking date!"

"Shut up Ava!" 

Did I mention that I was home alone since yesterday because my Mom and Dad went to San Fransisco for their so-called architectural business trip? 

And after hearing the news, Ava literally just stormed inside my house to fully wake me up even if the call was no big deal? 

*****

"Hello? What the heck do you want early in the morning on a Saturday, Austin?" I groggily answered the phone.

"Hey, Savi. I was just wondering if ...if you wanted to watch the new movie with me?"  He asked while stil in his sleepy state. And I definitely would have known that he was still in a sleepy state.

"What? The new movie? Don't Breathe?" 

"Yeah that. Someone gave me two extra tickets to it and I don't know anyone who's interested in Thriller movies but you." He replied.

"But you hate scary movies and-

"But you don't, Savi." He snickered.

"That's true." I smile.