1

Ember wakes up happy, even though she might not be in the best situation at the moment. The young girl is just grateful she got to wake up to another beautiful day.

One thing Ember was happy about was the beautiful farm that Ember and her family got to live on, the young girl and her family were sheltered and she was grateful. Of course Ember had her days when she worried about how long her family would actually be sheltered for.

Ember was just braiding her hair outside on the porch when she spits a man running towards the house, the stranger was holding a boy in his arms and he looked wounded from what Ember could see.

"Daddy!" Ember screams, panicking.

Hershel soon comes running  out of the house, Maggie, Beth, Patricia, and Jimmy following behind him. Hershel looks at Ember worriedly thinking something was wrong with his youngest daughter before she points at the man running towards the Greene household.

Hershel and the rest of the family look up, noticing the man with the sheriff hat running with what they were assuming his son in his arms.

"Was he bit?" Hershel asks the man?

"Shot. By your man." The man says.

"Otis?" Maggie says.

"Oh no." Ember says.

"He said find Hershel. Is that you?" Hershel nods at the man.

"Help me. Help my boy." The man says crying.

"Get him inside!" Hershel says running inside the house.

"Patricia, I need my full Kit. Maggie, painkillers, coagulates. Grab everything" Hershel orders.

Hershel then looks toward his two younger daughters, Ember and Beth.

"Clean towels, sheets, alcohol." Beth and Ember run to go get everything their father needed.

"Pillowcase." Hershel orders.

The man ignores Hershel, "Is he alive?" He frantically asks.

"Pillowcase, quick."

Beth and Ember soon come running back into the room, putting everything their father needed down.

"Is he alive?"

"Fold it make a pad."

"Put pressure on the wound."  Hershel says as he gets out the stethoscope.

"I've got a heartbeat."  Ember and the man who's still a stranger towards the Greene family, both sigh in relief at the same time, Ember didn't want anybody to die today, not when her father could possibly help.

"It's faint."

"I got it, step back." Patricia says as everyone backs out of her way.

"Maggie IV." Hershel orders to his oldest daughter.

"We need some space." Maggie tells the man.