15

CHAPTER FIFTEEN; DEMOCRACY
"Dad?"

"Carl. Ember. You know... You guys should be back home.

When Carl pulls his gun out and aims it, Ember can see the scared look on Rick's face, he didn't know that Shane was now a walker and walking to Rick, very fast.

"Carl, do it!" Ember shouts, scaring Rick.

Just put the gun down." Rick continues, "It's not what is seems, please."

Ember sighs of relief when Carl finally shoots Shane.

Everything falls silent when Rick, Carl, and Ember begin walking back to the farm.

"You bit too?" Carl asks his father.

"No."

"Shane was." Ember says.

"That wasn't Shane. You guys know that."

"Used to be."

"What happened?" Ember wants to know what went on, "How did Shane die?"

Rick goes to say something, but is interrupted when the three hear walkers growling.

"Oh my god." Ember feels panic rushing through her veins when Rick pushes Carl and her to run.

"We gotta get to the house, tell the others."

"We'll never get through that. Can't go around. Carl, Ember. Stay close. Go!" Rick yells.

Ember immediately starts running.

When Ember, Carl, and Rick all make it to the barn, they close and lock the door.

"Oh shit. All right. Okay." Rick panics. "Up there hurry."

"Well, what about you?" Carl was not going anywhere without his father.

"I'll be right there. Drop the lighter when I say. We'll stop some of them from reaching the house."

Ember nervously waits for Carl to climb the ladder.

"Carl, I love you." Ember hears Rick say, Carl finally climbs up the ladder.

" Ember hears Rick say, Carl finally climbs up the ladder

"What is he doing?" Ember mumbles.

"Carl, now!" Rick yells to Carl.