19

EMBER GREENE woke up grateful

EMBER GREENE woke up grateful. Grateful because after all those thoughts she had of her father possibly dying, it didn't happen. He woke up and that was all the twelve year old wanted.

Ember smiles when she finds Carl next to her, they must have fallen asleep while they were talking. "Carl wake up." Ember softly pats the boy on his shoulder.

When Carl doesn't even budge, Ember groans, "Ugh, this is gonna be a long morning."

  ➸

"Just take your time." Lori says to Hershel.

When Hershel gets up too fast his youngest daughter rushes next to him, "Dad, don't push yourself."

Hershel chuckles, "What else am I going to do? I can't stand looking up at the bottom of that bunk anymore-- "

Lori and Beth hold onto Hershel as he tests his new crutches out, "You know, I think I'm pretty steady."

"That's a good start." Lori smiles, "Want to take a rest?"

"Rest? Let's go for a little stroll." Ember smiles up at her father.

  ➸

"Got you here if you need it." Lori helps Hershel down the steps.

"Just take your time on these steps." Beth says.

"You cleared all those bodies out?" Hershel asks, "It's starting to look like a place we could really live in."

"Hey, you watch your step. Last thing we need is you falling.

"All right Hershel!" Glenn yells, getting  shushed by Daryl afterwards.

"You're doing great, daddy." Beth smiles.

"Ready to race, Hershel?" Carl jokes.

"Give me another day. I'll take you and Ember on." Carl and Ember both laugh.

Carl and Ember smile at each other, Ember smiles up at Lori when she notices Rick staring at his wife.

"Walkers! Look out!" Ember winces when she gets tugged on the arm by Carl Grimes.

"Come on! Ember, we have to go!" Ember snaps out of it and follows behind Carl with Maggie and Lori.

Ember gets nervous when Lori stops. "Can you keep up."

"Something's not right." Lori whimpers.