9

CHAPTER NINE; SHANE GOES CRAZY
"Finally." Ember laughs when she sees Maggie and Glenn kissing.

T-Dog and Andrea come walking towards the porch of Hershel's house, "Do you know what's going on?" T-Dog asks.

"Where is everyone?" Andrea asks.

"You haven't seen Rick?" Glenn says to Andrea.

"He went off with Hershel. We were supposed to leave a couple hours ago." Andrea states.

"Yeah you were. What the hell." Daryl spats out of nowhere.

"Rick told us he was going out." Carol adds.

"Damn it. Isn't anybody taking this seriously?" Ember cringes when Daryl yells.

"You okay?" Carl whispers next to her.

"I'm fine." Ember smiles at Carl, that smile, the one Carl likes to see, considering the fact that the young girl smiles every single day.

Ember gets up when she sees Shane walking towards the house with guns.

"You with me, man?" Shane asks Daryl.

"Yeah." Daryl replies.

"Time to grow up!" Shane yells.

"You already got yours." Shane says talking to Andrea.

"Yeah. Where's Dale?" She asks.

"He's on his way."

"Thought we couldn't carry." T- Dog states.

"We can and we have to." Shane says.

"Look, it was one thing sitting around here picking daisies when we thought this place was supposed to be safe. But now we know it ain't."

"How about you, man? You gonna protect yours." Shane asks Glenn. Glenn takes the gun.

"That's it. Can you shoot?" Shane then asks Maggie.

"Can you stop? You do this, you hand out these guns, my dad will make you leave tonight."

"Carl, stop him." Ember says.

"We have to stay, Shane." Carl pleads.

"What is this?" Lori asks.

"We ain't going anywhere, okay?"

Shane offers to give a gun to Carl, "Now I want you to take this. You take it, Carl, and you keep your mother and Ember safe. You do whatever it takes."

Lori pushes Carl and Ember back, "Rick said no guns. This is not your call. This is not your decision to make. "

"Oh shit." T-Dog says, everyone turns around.

Everyone turns to see Hershel, Jimmy, and Rick, the surprising part was Rick leading the walker

"What the hell are you doing!?" Shane yells running towards Rick.

"Why do your people have guns?" Hershel asks.

"Are you kidding me? You see? You see what they're holding onto?"

"I see who I'm holding onto!" Hershel yells at Shane.

"No, man, you don't." Shane replies.

"Shane, let us do this then we can talk." Rick tries to order.

"What do you want to talk about, Rick?"

"These things ain't sick they're not sick." Although Ember agrees with what Shane is saying, she does not like how he is going about it.

The young girl grips Carl's hand. not even noticing she's been holding onto him.

"Shane, shut up!" Finally someone says it.

"Hey, Hershel man, let me ask you something. Could a living breathing person, could they walk away from this?" Shane then shoots the walker in the stomach, Ember screams.

"No!" Rick yells, "Stop it!"

"That's three rounds in the chest." Shane yells.

Ember shouts when Shane shoots the walker in the head.

Carl grips onto Ember's hand tighter keeping her close to him and his mother.

"Enough risking our lives for a little girl who's gone!"

"STOP!" Ember yells, Ember feels her face when she notices tears coming from her eyes.

Ember drops to her knees when she sees the walkers coming out of the barn, the little girl feels so numb.

"Ember!" Carl yells.

Ember just ignores the boy's yells and crawls closer to the barn.

"Oh my god." She whispers to herself when she sees everyone shooting the walkers, Ember felt numb, she felt her vision blurring, the young girl felt like she was so close to passing out.

"Stay back!" Rick yells, he noticed Carl trying to get closer to Ember.

"Sophia!" Carol yells, Ember looks up noticing a girl around her age who was now a walker coming out of the barn.

Ember looks back and sees Carl crying.

Everything goes silent once Rick shoots the zombified Sophia.

Ember starts crying when she sees her dead mother, Annette.

Hey guys! Hope you enjoyed this chapter it was kind of short!

Who's excited for more Carl and Ember!? 😂❤️