11

CHAPTER ELEVEN; BIG BROTHER CARL
"They should've been back by now." Andrea says, walking into the dining room with Shane.

"Yeah. They just got holed up somewhere. We'll head out first thing in the morning."

"Carl, I want you to keep your head up, okay?" Shane says trying to cheer Carl up, "Your old man, he's the toughest son of a--"

"No cussing in the house." Patricia cuts Shane off.

"Sorry." Shane chuckles.

"Lori, dinner." Carol calls out for Lori.

"She's not in there." Maggie states, Ember nods. She hasn't seen the woman since earlier.

"Where is she?" Dale asks.

"Carl, when's the last time you saw your mom?"

"This afternoon."

"She was worried about Rick, asked me to look in on Carl." Andrea tells everyone.

"She went after them?"

"She didn't say that."

Shane stands up, everyone following his actions, "Nobody panic. Gonna be around here somewhere." Shane tries to calm everyone down.

"She's not at the barn. I checked the yard." Everyone is worried when Shane says this.

"Well, where is she?" Carl asks.

"She asked Daryl to go into town

"She asked Daryl to go into town. Must've gone herself." Carol says as she runs up to the group.

Ember looks down as she hears Carl whimper.

"Hey." Andrea tries to calm Carl down, Carl just rushes off.

"Did you know about this?" Shane asks Dale.

"No."

"Did she take a gun?"

"I don't know, I wouldn't let her go out there alone." Dale defends himself.

Ember sighs when Shane rushes into a car and drives off, can anything go right?

Ember smiles when she sees Shane and Lori getting out of the car, Lori's safe.

"Oh my god, are you alright? What happened? Andrea and Ember rush towards Lori.