26

Ember Greene was surprised when Rick wanted her to come on a run, Ember thought she was weak, she wasn't. Everyone else but her knew she was strong.

Although the young girl was happy about getting to tag along, she happened to be a little annoyed right now at the fact that the car was currently stuck.

"Put something under the car like this with a little gravel and sticks." Rick explains to both kids. "It gives you traction."

"Wouldn't have to do if if she didn't get us stuck." Carl rolls his eyes, Ember nods, agreeing with the boy.

"It was an honest mistake." Rick defends Michonne.

"Why'd you let her come?" Ember questions, "She took you to Woodbury and you said she just split on you. And Oscar died and you guys--"

"It wasn't that simple." Rick looks at Ember. "I asked her to come today. I didn't want to leave her at the prison if I wasn't there, not with Merle."

"That and we got common interests." Rick explains, "For right now, we have the same problems. So maybe we can work on them together."

"Just for right now?" Carl asks his father.

"Yeah, just for right now."

"Hey! Help me!"

Ember watches sadly as the man they had drove past earlier tries his hardest to run up to the three, she wishes they could help him, but they couldn't.

Rick taps the car, signaling for Michonne to start it.

"Let's go."

"What is it?"

"I don't know." Rick mumbles.

Ember rolls her eyes, "It's a trap obviously. Somebody's already here."

"She's right." Michonne confirms.

"Doesn't mean they found what we're looking for." Rick says, a hint of annoyance in his voice.

"Couple of the places are just up ahead. Let's get in and get the hell out of here" Rick starts walking, Ember, Carl, and Michonne following behind.

Ember looks around, not trusting this place.

"There. Tyrell's." Rick points. "A shotgun and two handguns. License issued to Tyrell Debbs."

Carl notices the walker behind the four and taps his dad.

Michonne goes to kill it but stops when Rick speaks. "Wait. She'll get caught.

Ember jumps when a gunshot rings. "Hands!" A man yells.

Everyone puts their hands up, Carl slightly pushing Ember behind him. "Now you drop what you got and you go." The stranger orders.

"Your gun, your shoes, and that sword. All of it. Ten seconds."

"Run for the car now." Rick rushes.