8

CHAPTER EIGHT; WALKERS IN THE BARN
"You know you could just go inside with your family right?" Carl asks Ember. For the past couple of days Ember's been outside with the group, they all didn't really mind considering all of them adored Ember. Even Shane and Daryl liked the young girl.

"I know, I just like being out here with you guys." Ember smiles.

"Well we like you being out here with us." Lori says to Ember, smiling.

"She's right." Carl says.

Ember notices Dale and Glenn staring at each other, she also notices her oldest sister staring at her from Hershel's porch with a sad expression.

"Um, guys. So.. the barns full of walkers." Ember feels like her heart stops for a minute when Glenn says that.

How could her family not tell her?

"What?" Ember says.

Glenn looks towards Ember shocks, "Wait you don't know?" Glenn asks.

"No." Ember says blankly.

The group and Ember walk towards the barn, Shane goes closer. Looking through the door to see if it's actually true, he then steps back rushing towards Rick.

"You cannot tell me you're alright with this." Shane says to Rick.

"No I'm not, but we're guests here. This isn't our land."

"This is our lives!" Shane yells.

"Lower your voice." Glenn hushes.

"We can't just sweep this under the rug." Andrea says.

"It ain't right. Not remotely." T-Dog adds.

"Okay, we've got to go in there, we've got to make things right or we've just got to go. Now we have been talking about Fort Benning for a long time." Ember's heart sinks when Shane says that, she doesn't want the group to leave, she wanted them to stay here, where it was safe.

"We can't go."

"Why, Rick? Why?"

"Because my daughter is still out there." Carol steps in.

"Okay. Okay. I think it's time that we all start to just consider the other possibility." Shane says.

"We're not leaving Sophia behind." Rick cuts Shane off.

"I'm close to finding this girl. I just found her damn doll two days ago." Daryl yells.

"You found her doll, Daryl. That's what you did. You found a doll." Shane says laughing at the man, Ember cringes. She hates the way Shane is acting.

 She hates the way Shane is acting