12

CHAPTER TWELVE; TOGETHER
"Ember?" Carl and Ember had gotten bored, so they decided to sit together outside on the porch, Ember's favorite place.

"Yeah?"

"I like you." Ember notices how nervous Carl is when he says this.

"I like you too,Carl, your my friend."

"No. I don't mean just as friends." Confusion becomes clear on Ember's face, "So what do you mean then?"

"I mean that i really like you." It takes Ember a couple of seconds to fully understand what Carl was saying and when she does a big smile takes over her confused expression.

"Carl Grimes, do you have a crush on me?" Ember smirks.

"Yes." Carl nods.

"Good, because I like you too." Carl smiles as Ember says the words he was hoping to hear.

"So what do we do now?" Carl questions.

"We're young, we'll figure it out together."

"Are you crazy? What if dad finds out?" Maggie and Ember had found out that Beth had tried to kill herself.

"What's he gonna do? Kill me for committing suicide?" Ember rolls her eyes at her sister, she loved Beth dearly. She just doesn't understand how she could be so selfish.

"Stop being such a brat. He'd die. So would I and Ember. This isn't just about you. We all lost mom."

"We'll lose each other and I couldn't stand that."

"So you give up." Ember cuts her sister off.

Meanwhile Andrea and Lori are downstairs listening to the Greene sisters argument.

"Where's Hershel?" Andrea asks Lori.

"He doesn't want to find out yet. It's a family affair. We'll let them work it out."

"That's working it out?"

"When Beth stops fighting, that's when it's time to worry."

"This could've been handled better."

"How so?" Lori sighs.

"You shouldn't have taken the knife away." Lori looks at Andrea as if she was crazy.

"Excuse me?"

"You were wrong, like Dale taking my gun. That wasn't your decision. She has to choose to live on her own. She has to find her own reasons."

"Want me to tie a noose for her?"

"If she's serious she'll figure out a way."

"Doesn't mean I can't stop her or let her know that I care."

"That had nothing to do with it, Lori. She only has so many choices in front of her, and she believes the best one is suicide."